trying to consolidate all ZeusRay posts

I have the Ultrafire version of this light. Where is the best place to get the “good” Zeusray version for the price ? I’m assuming this is the one: https://www.dealmetic.com/product.asp?ID=FL05518
i don;t know what a “pillow hole” is supposed to be. :Sp

Dealmetic definitely tried to make this right, by sending out replacements, which were also bad, then replacements for the replacements, which were supposed to be back to good. I really admire and respect the way they handled it and stepped up, so I don’t know if I am going to bother complaining to them anymore. The fact is though, I was hoping for one functioning Zeusray, and I have three that don’t/won’t work.

“solid pillow hole” is their attempt to understand “solid pill” — they originally were, probably still are, selling a $5 version of this zoomie with an older emitter and a hollow pill.

Lightjunkie, can you give us a pointer to or a reprise on the whole story about how this all got started?

With roughly 1.4 billion people living in China, I’d think there are many, many more opportunities for folks worldwide to cooperate in helping create better products.
This story at least started out astonishingly well. We don’t really know much about how and when it went sideways or why they’re still stumbling instead of recovering.

Yep, its dead.

Cute pics :slight_smile:
I like how your cat snuggles up to your son :slight_smile:

They’re such cuddlers. Thanks!

In regards of the battery does the Zeusray take either the flat top, button top or both?

I just ordered two zeusrays. I hope they are not “turdrays”. Wish me luck.

both

Use protected cells.
Or replace the driver with a proper one that has a low-voltage warning / shutoff.

Have to agree on this, but I’m still using unprotected battery(but i will never let them drained)

Zeusray is a power-hungry torch in such a small light, but without low-voltage warning or prevention, it can be bad for people not knowing it.

Real life example:
After I gave zeusray and samsung ICR 18650f to my friend, he was complimenting very good.
During the first month, he say so good that battery no need to charge for so long [high capacity/real capacity vs *fire battery]

Not long after a month, he said its not functioning. After some investigation found that he didn’t charge the battery until its too late. Battery depleted beyond chargeable state. It is lucky that its a good battery that won’t easily leak/explode with such deep over-discharge.

Or just be sensible.

When the battery drops to 3.5v the amount of light the Zeusray emits is hugely different and very obvious.

Good Day,

Have a look at Vihn's ZrayVN:

ZrayVN - Pocket Zoomie (Must Have) | CandlePowerForums

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?397116

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Start Quote ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Observation & Details:
Little to no artifacts zoom in or out
Great throw and perfect wall of light in one
When zoom 1/2 way you get a large focus bright round hot spot with no typical donut hole effect
Reverse clicky make changes mode easy and handle high current great
Clip needs to be glued on for 100% security
Great heat sinking design
Heat very well managed
Fast zoom in and out but head slider has excellent friction
XML2 throw twice the hot spot size as XPG2 and with more brightness. However hot spot is less intense.

XML2 U3 PDTc option recommended
Incredibly useful light
XML2 U2 6500K Dedome Default (Dome on your choice, no charge)
4.2V Max! Any 18650 will work but High drain such as Efest 2500 or VTC5 recommended
Torture test: Ran light continuously for 25 minutes. Light got very hot but all components remain working flawlessly. (Do not try this!)

Single Mode - $40
DriverVN - $75

Options:
A) + $15 XML2 U3 PDTc or XPG2 PDTc
B) + $5 Sand blasted Bezel (Eliminate glare rings artifacts when zoom in)
C) + $7 Sand blasted tail cap (Aesthetic only)
D) + $3 Glue pocket clip permanently
E) + $3 Dark heat treated pocket clip
F) + $5
"V54" Engraved (Small, Medium (Default), or Large you pick)
G) + $8 International shipping
H) + $10 XML2 5000K or XML2 4000K (Dome on or off your choice)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ End Quote ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love the pricing.

Best Regards,

George

Hmm, his beam improvement is crazy good i must try to recreate that, just look at that square dye without a hint of ringing or artifacts.

I hope someone do a real teardown review so we can see if its more than only the refocus, blacked out brown disc+aluminum rim, sandblasted bezel (a really good idea)

Very expensive, but some nice inspiration :slight_smile:

If “no artifacts” is worth $40 to you go right ahead, I’ll keep my “artifacty” $8 Zeusray tyvm

What do you mean? i said i want to recreate that, as in i want to make my own Zeusray get that good of a beam, and i speculated on some ways to hopefully do that.

I never said i would buy his………whats the fun in that, but i still appreciate good ideas from more experienced modders like Vinh, like the sandblasted bezel for example.

Chillax bro I didn’t mean you, you are a member here. I was rhetorically addressing those who buy these.

I think this can partly be achieved by how you set the camera up when you shoot the photos.

That said, the bezel is probably one of the culprits, easy to determine, just remove it while using the light and see if it reduces the artefacts. (pretty sure it does as I recall trying it in the past).

That said, in real world use, I have never noticed the artefacts being an issue or noticeable. Lets face it, if you are using full zoom mode, then chances are you are pointing it at something further away. The artefacts are not as intense, so at range you really don’t see them much.

Hugely optimistic. Lets face it, if you are happy tearing down a light, you wouldn’t likely be buying the vn version for $70, when you could get the same/similar result for $10-20 yourself.

That is, unless you are offering… :wink:

You maybe right, but i have actually been a bit annoyed about the artifacts at least so much that i will try to mod them out sooner or later.

I want to mod my Zeusray so i start using it again, it is funny the last mod i did i put in the BLF17DD in my BLF X6 so now thats my favorite 18650 light, it used to be the Zeusray.

So i want to upgrade the Zeusray with a good FET driver, some focus/beam mods and maybe an nicer LED, but i am still waiting on parts.

Anyway some good beamshots of a heavily modded zeusray is nice as inspiration.
Just like your dedome review of the Zeusray was, i put the led in gas in less than 15 minutes after i read it :wink:

I guess you already find it, but there is steel epoxy (stålepoxy) in our store that I think is simular to JB weld. Paint you can find at OK, mekonomen and such. Finns motorfärg och grenrörsfärg, vanlig mattsvart av bra fabrikat pallar rätt höga temperaturer också.