trying to sell a few of my custom made phosfor-bronze springs

I got mine today.
All OK.
Thanks!!!

I got mine today. Very nice, but the springs I needed today were for an AAA size light, so I braided the originals as usual. Very nice that BLF have our own parts now. The light I worked on today has a 10 mm. driver laid out by a BLF member. One or two of the springs will greatly improve my next larger light.

Got mine today, thanks Djozz. These are the heftiest in my stash. Can’t wait to try them out. Have to but don’t want to. Wait that is.

Some left-over?

The counting bit is a bit confusing (or am I the only one)? If still possible, I would like to buy 5pc from you. I’ll PM you.

Hello, do you have any springs left to sell ?
regards, freddy

Hi freddy,
Sorry, I have a few leftover but I would like to keep them for own mods, because there is still nothing out there that comes close to these specs.

I wanted to have a next batch made sonetime with 9mm base instead of 10mm (fits a tailboard better). I could still go on with that if there’s interest for 200 for a dollar each, but, like the first batch, if I have 200 made, they cost a dollar each, and if I have 2000 made, they are 25 cents but I will never get rid of so many.

Hi Djozz, I am sure that the Q6/Q8 project could use up a good few-hundred of your hi spec springs if you did get a new batch made?..…just an idea :wink:

This thread just popped up and I was hot to order 15 springs and was flustered that they were all sold. Then I looked and saw the thread was from 2014.

Me too

Hi djozz,
thanks for a quick reply, I’m fixing an old roberts radio, which has one broken (copper) spring in the battery tray, I could find a steel one for replacement, but i’m nit picking. I wanted to make one myself, but i can’t find a bronze-phosphor rod.

Hi djozz

Put me down for 10 Springs if you do another run.

Me too!

Ok, I’m willing to have another batch of 200 made (9mm base this time, 1mm wire thickness), and sell them for a dollar each plus shipping (another 2 or 3 dollars). Above there is already interest shown for more than 20 so I guess I would sell them all. It may take a while to start this going again.

But there is a lot very not BLF about it, even 2though these are pretty good springs:

1) it is totally cost-inefficient to order 200 springs, if 2500 springs cost 4 times less per spring.

2) it is a relatively low-tech product that will be made in a 1st-world country. There should be a chinese company that can make exactly these for a fraction of the price!

put me down for 15 djozz, thanks again.

I’d buy at least 12, possibly more.

Ever get the feeling no one’s listening?

You know, we don’t care. We just want a special one of a kind Djozz-spring! :smiley: :beer: :beer:

Seriously, I would be interested as well.

It happens… :weary:
Ok, I will look up the correspondence with the manufacturer :confused:

What current level is max for these. Before braiding.

New springs are coming. What? Where? I want. Me too! Whooppie!

And as said before: 10 for me :slight_smile: