【TS10V2 Al available】Wurkkos "slender waist" TS10v2 aluminum version available with black,green,orange

Thanks! I don’t have a clamp meter to measure the current or a lumen tube to measure output. I don’t know how much this helps, but there wasn’t any smoking when the battery was at 3.9v. So the emitters are likely just barely being overdriven.

Ordered an MAO 4000k with ice blue aux, could not resist

What CCT do you have? I have read the warmer CCT’s don’t handle current the same

All my testing was with the 5700k model

Hello everyone,

I got my TS10 from Amazon which came with firmware version 202202080614 so I would like to update it.

I see the latest version from gchart (thanks!) is from 2022-08-17. Do you know what changes from the previous “2022-07-19” (【Brass available with 3000K】Wurkkos TS10 "slender waist" 14500 triple LEDs Light with Anduril 2.0 - #724 by gchart)

By the way this is my flashing adapter (poor anxious man’s version)… hopefully it won’t short randomly… :smiley:

I’ve successfully read from flash the original firmware, with a CP2102 based adapter with no leds/resistors on rx/tx. I used pymcuprog since I had python installed already… should I use avrdude instead?

Do I only need to erase, flash the new firmware and then reset to defaults?

Thanks again for all your work!

MAO is only one run…?
Silver was only one run too… but now it’s coming back.
i wont fall for this trick twice :slight_smile: (joking!)
very interesting light! Thanks, i ordered the MAO in red… hopefully it’s nice. lots of recommendation from various people so far.

no need to use avrdude, since you already have python working.

yes, erase, then write, then factory reset

Congrats on your new TS10! :wink:

fwiw, once you make a few changes to your TS10 user settings, you can also save them to a backup hex file… for example, these are all the changes I make to my TS10 User Configurable Settings (eeprom):

when off, Aux on Low
turn on in Advanced ramping
ramping speed option 2 (slower)
10 lumen manual memory
10 minute temporary memory
simple and advanced ramping floors at 1/150 = 0.01 lumens
simple and advanced ramping ceilings at 110/150 = 250 lumens
1H from off gives floor, no automatic ramping
2C gives ceiling, no Turbo
thermal limit set to 50C
————————————————

once I enter all the clicks, while reading the manual, to create all those settings, I use pymcuprog to create a backup of my hex, including its eeprom (erasable by factory reset)

this is the pymcuprog command line codes I use to make a complete backup hex w eeprom, note the “-m all” command: (your hex filename and location, and driver name will be different… on an an iMac)

pymcuprog read -m all -f ~/Desktop/TS10backup.hex -t uart -u /dev/tty.wchusbserial1420 -d attiny1616
————————-

this personal preferences backup, can be used to restore my presets, or the light can be Factory Reset, to erase them… Very convenient when I get more TS10 lights to reflash…

the TS10 hex also works for SC21 Pro.

Im happily using the 7/19 hex from gchart
I would not use the newer file, unless gchart confirms

Thanks for all your suggestions! This is my first Anduril flashlight so they are really helpful, I will make sure to read the whole manual too :slight_smile:

Found the “changelog” in the source code by the way!

Something about extended simple ui…

• allow Aux Config and Strobe Modes in Simple UI

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~gabe/flashlight-firmware/anduril2/changes

thanks for sharing info, Im just learning too… gchart and several other people spent a lot of time coaching me… hopefully Im giving back correct info… :beer:

@wurkkos

Would the MAO be available in Shopee?

It is a pity that with the start of the sale on Aliexpress, Wurkkos specifically removed from sale all black models with all AUX colors except green.

It’s a little unfair, I see in my shopping cart that the 5800K model with the blue AUX is still available, but that’s an unreasonable price of $36, which is almost double the pre-‘sale’ price. But if you go to the product page, then only black with green AUX and one red with red AUX are available.

This is unprecedented bad customer service. It turns out that I have to wait until the end of the sale to buy the model I’m interested in? Wurkkos, are you just trying to get rid of less popular models?

Not to take anything away from the topic but this is something I’ve also noticed in the Shopee store.
A WK03 at 5000k with battery being sold for USD54 (versus USD18 for WK03 6000k).
TS21 Nichia silver with battery is USD54 as well.
WK15 6000k is USD47
TS21 SST20 silver with battery is also USD47.

They just ran out of TS10 silver, but red is still available. The MAO has not showed up but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets priced at USD50.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004073302847.html

In the case of Black 5800K, all AUX LED versions are available. The listed price for me is in the range of 20 to 24 USD (depending whether battery is included) I guess prices can be different depending on your location. If I change my location to Ukraine, I only see green AUX as noted.

This seems to me that the availability depends on the stock levels of the warehouse from which the light is shipped.

I changed countries. In Europe and the United States, I also only see green. Only in Russia there are other colors. Maybe other countries that don’t participate in the Tech Event sale can see all the colors.

This is definitely seller manipulation, as I can still see through the shopping cart that three blue 5800k are available in stock. And also yesterday, before the start of the sale, I saw that the remaining colors are also in stock in sufficient quantities.

And if we go to the Wurkkos website, we can see that all colors are ready to ship. I am sure that the warehouse from which they ship for Ali and for the Wurkkos website is equally full.

I think you are mistaken

afaict, inventory gets alocated to different sales outlets.

this wurkkos site has more than just green aux… why not buy from here:

https://wurkkos.com/products/wurkkos-ts10-new-with-anduril-20-3-90-cri-csp-leds-and-3-single-color-aux-leds-14500-mini-edc-flashlight?VariantsId=10360

I understand your disappointment… that you cannot buy the model you want from the site you want… I hope you can accept the choices that are available…

the TS10 is a great little light, no matter what color the host and Aux are.

Flashed 20220719 but I’m having trouble entering advanced mode

With 10H it’s ramping up while blinking, flash at the end and off, but it seems to stay in Simple UI mode.

[quote=jon_slider]

I’m ready to order on the Wurkkos website. But the only site that delivers to Ukraine at the moment is Aliexpress. Others refuse for all known reasons.

Congrats on the reflash :slight_smile:

10H from OFF puts you in advanced. I think you might already be there.

to check if you are already in advanced, from OFF clic 3 times. The battery voltage flashes should repeat over and over, until you clic off

if you are really in Simple, the 3C from OFF gives battery voltage only once and turns off.

10H from ON is the Ramp extras config menu (I think that may be where you are?)

I’m on advanced now, just one flash after 10H from off, but it took a lot of tries :frowning:

The button is acting weird, or I need to get used to the clicking, in fact I’m also having trouble to go back to simple mode with 10C

Even if I am wrong, this does not change the fact that there are other colors on Aliexpress. I still see their quantity through the shopping cart at an insane price. I just don’t understand if a sale is needed that limits the number of product positions? Wurkkos just let me choose the color at the standard price :slight_smile: