【TS10V2 Al available】Wurkkos "slender waist" TS10v2 aluminum version available with black,green,orange

I would prefer the Lumintop or Olight clips, but I made do with Wurkkos’ “other 18650” black clip, which I ordered with both of my TS10s. The clip is longer than the other clips shown in this thread, but I usually lift the clip slightly when removing and replacing the head, and the clip is slightly wider than the slot, so that’s why I secured it via epoxy. I also filed off the “hook” from the end of the clip since the raised part easily scraped objects and flesh.

Ive done that too. Congrats on your TS10 :beer:

As an alternative to lifting, I like to bend a clip so it does not ride on the head:

Jon, thanks for the tip!

Black 4000K TS10 w blue aux, ordered from Wurkkos.com 15 days ago. Arrived with the new firmware installed.

swapped in FWAA Ti bezel

and Lumintop EDC05 clip

about as close to perfect as it gets :+1:

Could not be without taking few photos before taking the new TS10 MAO outside…

Red aux, 4000k main emitters

Ice blue black vs red MAO

Both AUX colors are very bright on high

On low blue is still very bright, red becomes pretty dim

First thoughts:

• It’s nice, just like the black version too
  • 4000k looks good
  • red aux suits the white chalky MAO well. Much less blinding than the super bright ice blue. Though on high red too is bright
  • MAO feels nice in hand. Not expecting it to last too long in use, but we’ll see
  • Thanks to Gchart and SammysHP for the updated firmware, it is big improvement over the original one: much lower moonlight and better spacing in stepped mode. And of course the ironed out bugs.
  • Wide metal switch still feels flimsy to press, and can be a bit sticky (not in a way that affects usage)

Overall: happy with the purchase! This light will see lots of usage.

I got my MAO today. It does have the newer firmware. I got the EDC05 clip on it without scratching it. Mine is a 4K with ice blue aux.
I like the finish, but based on comments here I do worry about how it will hold up. So far, I like it.
I have really gotten to appreciate the tail switch in this form factor. No more fumbling to find a side switch in the dark!

I agree with Jon “as close to perfect as it gets”. Even without the Ti bezel.

I have a question. With the new ultra low moonlight, why not use the main emitters rather than the aux lights for location in the dark.
I have seen numbers on current draw for the different color AUX lights, but so far nothing for main emitter draw in moonlight with the new firmware. Has anyone measured it?

THX

Fantastic idea!

I haven’t measured it (not easy without the battery tube), but I guess it will be around 100x the power of the aux LEDs.

The aux LEDs are run with the MCU in standby. That’s also the reason there are only two brightness levels available. But for the main LEDs the MCU must be running and producing a PWM signal. This consumes a lot of power.

:+1:
THX. Makes perfect sense.
So much for that idea…

There are some lights that just have an extra pin on the MCU to just drive the main emitters via a resistor for moon mode. So it'd be possible with a hardware and firmware upgrade. But idk if I'd want that, since I'd never be able to tell if the light is on or off. Though I guess it wouldn't matter, as on and in moon mode would be the same as off at that point. Anyway, this is just a thought experiment lol

I also received the MAO White version today. 5700K / blue aux. It will be a project light for my wife in that I have tasked her to rattle can some clear coat on the finish to see how it impacts the durability. She is far more detailed and patient with this type of work than I am. In exchange, I offered her the choice of the three TS10’s I have (so far). Will post pics of the end result. The sample I received is flawless, so it should be interesting.
This has to be one of the most impactful lights to hit the scene in 2022. Despite the initial growing pains, Wurkkos has absolutely responded to all the initial programming concerns thanks to gChart, SammysHP, and all the other Anduril firmware gurus on this (and other) forums.
Most importantly, thank you Wurkkos for responding to the feedback from the flashlight community in creating such an amazing product. It is truly appreciated.

I couldn’t decide which of the MAO,s to get but since they won’t be offered again…. well that’s what I’m going with.

nice lineup! congrats
great photos
does the right MAO have green aux or blue?

I feel the same… really grateful that Wurkkos has updated the firmware on the latest lights.

I thought some comparisons between different variants of TS10 would be helpful. Wurkkos TS10 - Album on Imgur

Fig1. AUX on low (from left to right: red, cyan, red)

On low setting, cyan is brighter than red, but uses less current.

Here are my measurements of parasitic drain when AUX LED is on:
Red on low: 0.139mA
Red on high: 12.951mA
Cyan on low: 0.102mA
Cyan on high: 7.579mA

Fig2. TS10 colors (from left to right: red, MAO, silver)

Fig3. Left MAO. Right Silver

Fig4. Microscope image of MAO

In the MAO version, I can see machining marks more clearly.

Fig5. Microscope image of silver andization.

Standard anodized surface appears to be more porous and shiny.

Great photos, Limsup. Thank you!

Regarding extra pin for main LEDs as aux: Yes, that is possible. But it requires a hardware modification, obviously. You could tune it to be much lower than the normal low.

It’s blue

Thanks

Three of my lights had a dark, debris / grease residue on the head and tube contacts that caused reset issues. I cleaned the contact areas and re-greased the o-rings, and this solved the intermittent issues I was having.

thanks

I went ahead and ordered a Black 5800K w Green Aux…. I thank you for the photo showing its fine to have more than one TS10… lol

I just received my most recent orders from Wurkkos and all is fine except one of the white TS10 lights has an unglued tail-cap. I grabbed the light like I always do to open the head, but this time the tail-cap came off instead. It didn’t even occur to me until everything fell out. It looks like there is a tiny amount of threadlock, but lots of grease. It appears that alignment is critical to prevent leaking, so I am concerned that the water resistance is compromised. Is it possible to get it replaced?

Just received the MAO TS10 today and immediately scratched it badly with the stock clip. That’s a bad experience but expected from what I read in this thread. It’s beautiful though.