Turn that light off of me! - Best value light for getting someone sitting in a parked car 500 meters away to say that?

Awwww Sh… Coffee on my shirt!

I didnt catch that one until i saw the well deserved verbal “smack”

Sure,

MaxaBeam:

Moon Blaster:

MaxBeam is not the ultimate handheld search light by any means, as the ability to reach does not equal to the ability to see!

Moon Blaster - I had to look that one up again. That’s one impressive light!

Looks to me that a lot of these photos here are in auto exposure for I can’t tell since the info is not embedded. On manual exposure on a 1 sec shutter speed, you won’t get that laserbeam effect all the way to the target. That’s not what you will see in person.

Heck I can do the same thing on the Dereelight I had and make it look like laser as well in auto exposure. But that isn’t what you will see in person.

Kind of like the halogen spotlight in auto exposure. I can make it appear brighter than what it is.

That is pure AWESOME. What a high value light . . I’m surprised it is not already gone. Unfortunately, it’s not in my future no matter how much trouble fun I’d like to have.

It’s almost depressing how far behind so many of the other lights are in comparison on the CPF table/reference you gave. That light should not be a shelf queen and should go to a group of flashaholics who can appreciate it together!

Thanks for the kind words! It is true when you are too far ahead, you’ll lose a lot of people because it’s in a territory
that’s kind of detached from reality & practicality. No one really need a hand-held helicopter searchlight, lol, it becomes a toy.

Which just means that I am too too deep into the disease of flasholics, I need to go to a rehab :slight_smile:

That is crazy. I was not aware that people had such stuff! Amazing beam shots there!

Please don’t.

I enjoy your lights far too much.

Rehab? Don’t bother. It’s not what it’s cracked up to be. Yep, pun intended.

ma_sha1 - I followed your work over on that ‘other’ forum and would hate to see you quit. I think you are just pulling our legs. :slight_smile:

I hope You never quit ma_sha, your my hero because youve pushed the envelope past awesome and into insanely cool :wink:
Love your work

Kendall

Now, this being —budget—lightforum… someone should build a HID light from a car HID set like http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ecar-3035-h11-35w-3000k-3300-lumen-warm-white-xenon-hid-headlamps-dc-9-16v-pair-94951 - 32 dollars for 2 sets of HID bulb and ballast. This would run on 10 AA’s (maybe also on 9) or on 4 Li-ions.

Now the relfector is not going to be a LED reclector. The HID bulb is omnidirectional, needs to be more in front, hmmm… I smell a lightbulb flashlight conversion.

That would be the ultimate surprise Maglite, I suppose!

Sorry for the language. I’ll change it right away. It’s just that I’m used to using this kind of language at my school, I know now it’s not acceptable to some.