Two cent magnetic tail mod

The other day I bought my first light with a magnet in the tail.

Happily I used it on the side of the fridge ,on my car, the stove range hood,on a metal lamp ..etc....

Pretty quickly I realized it also picked up bits of metal that were crushed between the end of the light and whatever I put the light on .The realization that a ha11 anodized cheapo light like this wasn't going to fare well down the road I thought about what I could attach to the end to give it some quick and easy protection .If I had some self adhesive black vinyl I would have used that ..What I used was just a couple avery labels double thickness and painted black with a black sharpie... Traced out the tail , cut a bit smaller ..peeled and stuck on the end of the light......A quick and dirty 2 minute mod

if indeed someone would call that a mod :P

Nice idea. I've been wanting a magnetic light for the car. If I ever get one (or build one), I hope I remember this mod so I can preemptively reduce the damage.

Picture?

Now if you had used GITD self adhesive foil and a hole punch it would be perfect…

I have an Xtar Meteor that has a magnetic tail, and its always very handy….~ 500 lumens from a single IMR 16340.

I don’t remember it scratching stuff though, I think it came with a coating of some sort?