TYPE-C Budget li-ion chargers in 2023 (pop in your findings)

Shortening your links

1 Thank

Ya especially with usb-C. The $5 chargers Iā€™ve taken apart were just some version of a tp4056 and some resistors and capacitors. No backups if that knockoff tp4056 were to fail. But at least its micro usb so 5v 2a is the max itā€™ll ever go, and the chip doesnā€™t charge with more than 800ma. Usb C needs more parts and thereā€™s more power if something were to go wrong. I watched a sofirn flashlight that I had plugged in suddenly start pulling 9V from my phone brick and I freaked out and unplugged it right away lol. Thereā€™s a chance the charge controller in there is able to handle 9V but Iā€™d never seen it request that before and I didnā€™t feel like finding out lol.

usb-C up the stakes of a cheap charger a little more lol

1 Thank

Tartara this is micro usb port charger! But glad that you guys finally see how hard is to get good budget Type-C chargers.

1 Thank

Yesā€¦ It can only stay on LOL here I am afraidā€¦ Or I could put that into flashlight set with instructions: "Oh you just need 2 wires, Soldering iron, and maybe special cradle to make charger out of this shyte :rofl:

I have contacted Lumintop regard this charger because they had photos showing micro usb port (they said that they will change photos)and it really is Type C :+1:
It goes to the list. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S.
I will add Fenix charger although it is not budget. This could cost around 25Euro with shipping and import cost to EU. Would like to see aliexpress or other link with automatic VAT calculation.

1 Thank

https://www.efestpower.com/index.php?ac=article&at=read&did=564

1 Thank

Thank you.

Thanks guys. Thanks Tartara. This will be useful for sure! :+1:

P.S.
Efest SLIM K2
About that chargerā€¦ 80% of them available on the market are still with micro usb port! Maybe this particular model has Type C port but it requires further investigation.
We would need reliable source for this charger that sells the one with type-c port!

1 Thank

Nothing at all man !

They are the ā€œnewā€ models and they are with type C, if you check out in the Efest site you can find the old models too !

Ya but you have all that stuff already. Wires? You got drawers full of wires you donā€™t need anymore. That old 30pin cable you needed to get songs off limewire into your iPod touch. Strip one of those.

Soldering iron? Hold a nail over a candle.

Special cradle, naw, just tape the leads to the battery. Itā€™ll work lol. They do sell those things with the wire and holder attached though

Honestly some, some of those modules are better than the stuff Iā€™ve seen in a few <$15 chargers. You could do worse

1 Thank

I donā€™t even doubt that some 1$ modules are better than some chargers. I am also good at at soldering and diy stuff(lasers, flashlights, night vision devices), plenty of people here are not good at diy stuff at allā€¦ But as I said(read above). I need budget charger cause I plan to do flashlight sets. So you canā€™t give that charger circuit board to costumer and tell him ā€œmake your own diy charger out of thisā€! :joy:
Jeffgoldblum please find some ready type-c budget charger beside charger circuit board options(nothing wrong with them of course but requires diy skills).

Whoa, $1 modules? Must be nice. Naw $1 will get you 2 or 3 of these things lol

I gave the xtar ones. I think we got most of em. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a whole lot more of these out 1 or 2 slot usb C chargers out there right now at these prices. Probably because thereā€™s no need to add cost and complexity for usb C when the 5v 2a, really 5.25v/2.1a if youā€™re pushing it, that they can get from micro usb is already more than a cheap charger can handle.

You should get a usb-C to micro-usb adapter. Throw it on your key chain even. Theyā€™re super tiny

1 Thank

If youā€™re selling to consumers, itā€™s worth checking the charger works correctly with a USB C-C charger. I remember the fiasco when the BLF LT1 came out and it had a USB C port but was not correctly set up for USB C protocol charging, so only USB A to C cables work(ed).

1 Thank

Oh ya, a ton of lights are still like that. Probably so are most of these chargers. I never know which cable to trust

I liked Simon(and Fasttech) 750mah AC wall charger a lot(4-5$ at that time). Literary bought hundreds(2-3 hundreds) of them with minimum failure rate(DOA) and I could easily repair them! They(Simon and FT) ran out of stock permanently. I asked Simon what happened, he said production stopped :woman_facepalming: . Tried some other budget AC options with bitter taste and disappointmentā€¦ People tend to give good feedback on chargers not knowing how shitty they are because they are charging their fake XXXX 18650 500-800 mah batteries very fast while in reality they have 350mah ā€œcharging speedā€ :rofl: and I also hooked on that like a fish and after hooking up visited aliexpres resolution centre for money refund.

Thatā€™s not a proper implementation, itā€™s half-*****, and consumers really shouldnā€™t have to accept it.

The solution is simple, and cheap, but a lot of companies still push the fallacy that simply having a Type-C connector is good enough, or represents a true implementation.

Worse is when they ignore the USB-IF appointed high power protocol and choose to use an older, proprietary protocol that violates the spec.

1 Thank