UF-H3 headlamp from DD

Thank you, Summer! I'm in for one.

So XTARs will fit?

NO. not even close. My soshines won't work.

TF flames barely work. You have to go unprotected and will need to solder a tab on the end to get it to work. But it is a great light and the output blows away the H2.

So it doesn't matter if it's B or D? Protected won't fit?

Not as far as I know. When I first got mine(b model- I think d is older model) I thought it was DOA. Then I tried a non protected and it worked. I found the issue is the tail cap does not make contact with the body if longer batteries are used. It will work with a Flame if it is screwed very tightly. You could put a blob of solder inside the tailcap to help it make contact. I don't want to turn people of buying it as it is my favorite headlamp but they should be aware of the battery issue.

check out don's review

Just checked. Mines says UF H3. No D or B.????? Got it from Manafont.

Works with my trustfire flames.

My tf flames are 67.8 mm long anything under this will work. Note xtars are too long and also too thick.

Interested but would like to know which protected 18650 batteries work with it.

18650 battery

I think he means which brand of protected 18650.

Can the magnet in tail cap be removed? I imagine it would affect compass when surveying caves.

Yes. What edc said. Will trustfire protected 18650 work with this? What else? The one with edc does but we are not sure if it’s the same as this group buy.

I wasn't the only one. see Don's review.

If this is indeed a "B" model then I'm in! I'm confident the protected TF Flames will fit and I have lots of Rev Jim's Panasonics that will work just fine.

Summer, where is the coupon code? My PayPal finger is itchy! :)

I’m in. I will hammer in a battery.

Summer,

Will this UF-H3 from Dinodirect come with a box? Thanks.

I'm in for one.

I'm in for one, too.

I am in for one. Just waiting on the coupon code.

Thanks!