Ultimate aspherical flashlight set / Uniquefire 1508

Premium price tag?! :open_mouth:

I still havenā€™t built mine, but now Iā€™m wishing I had ordered a few extra pills and an extra head or two during the group buy.

I finally got my tools out this week, but my weekend is going to be too busy for me to work on it. I only have the two pills. I think one will likely be a simple XP-G2 driven moderately hard. Iā€™m going to dig through my box of parts when I have time to see if I can find any of the old/good emitters, and I may attempt a dedome for this light.

The other may be a FET/DD XP-L HI.

Iā€™ve been eyeing these for a while and missed the group buy. I would love to see some hard numbers on the 78mm head with a dedomed xp-g2.

I noticed you said ā€œattemptā€ a dedome. Others may disagree but I have had very good luck with adhesive stripper like this: Adhesive Stripper
It is a thick gel so I just put a blob on top of the dome for 10 to 15 minutes then gently blow it off with compressed air. Iā€™ve only done 9-10 but havenā€™t had a single failure and tint shift isnā€™t too bad.

Keep us posted.

Everytime somebody mentions dedomed XP-G2 I sighā€¦ So much fun taken away from modding at the moment. RIP.

And yet plenty of guys (even respective modders here on BLF) claim that this is not big issue so we should not make fuzz about that :slight_smile:

For me it is big issueā€¦ The biggest issue that appeared in my modding career. Cree destroyed XP-G2 emitters.

Its very unfortunate. And, yes, it is a big issue to me too.

Has anybody this light with 75mm lens already working? Which emitter and driver did you use and what are your results?

Sure. Dedomed XP-G2, ~4-5A driver, ~500kcd (with a very narrow beam)

Thank you the! This are the numbers I expected. I think it will be hard to get more out of it. Or impossibleā€¦

How did you get the rings out of the beam? Or is the photo underexposured?

I built one of the pills with mine up last night, but Iā€™m a bit perplexed hereā€¦

I went with nothing fancy, just a domed XP-G2 1A (new style) and a Qlite. I attempted to focus the beam down to the tightest hotspot for a white-wall shot. I was able to do so, but doing so meant unscrewing the head until there were only about two thread turns left before it separates. Curious if the light focuses better at a distant point (at the intended range) when the head is threaded in further.

(editing to add)At white-wall-hunting ranges, the beam patterns are as follows:

1. With head fully threaded onto body, beam is compact, ugly, mess.
  2. With head loosened to near-falling-off point, beam tightens into a nice, intense, hotspot. I just need to put some black paint on the head of the pill to get rid of the rings.

Iā€™ll get to take it outside tonight and check it out, unless itā€™s raining, but in the meantime:

If you have to unscrew the lens so far to get a focus, is it possible to machine some material off the pill to set the LED in deeper? or adjust the lens holding ring, and add a spacer to push the lens further out in the body?

What are the LED star and driver board sizes for these lamps?

where i can find this light with the 75 lens with good price ?

Direct from Shenzan Homesafety

$19.99USD is what I paid

try e-mailing Ruby, she dealt with my order.
ruby88@szhomesafety.com

Or search for them on alibaba.com

did they sent you only one flashlight ? and how much shipping you paid ?

I have a whole load of pictures of it and beam shots, but no info of where the head was set

But, my examples ( i have 3 of them) best, tightest, longest beam is not screwed all the way out.

Here is my server directory of all my various shots.

The other smaller lamp is a $200USD DereeLight NM800, NOT worth the extra money. Beam pattern is a bit better, but you pay 10 times the price.

http://paisnel.co.uk/UF1508/

If you went to my thread about these lamps, you will come to a post where many of those pictures have text explaining them

This one of the pictures from the directory.

is two identical UF-1508ā€™s, wall is 6 ft away, one fully screwed in one first threads

Sorry , I missed this post

I paid $120 US Dollars,
this was for
Two x UF-1508ā€™s with 75mm lenses $38.00
Two Extra red LED pills $8.60
Four Panasonic 18650 3400mAh batteries $29.60
Paypal fee of $5.00 USD
DHL express postage $38.80

Anything larger than 69 mm aspheric will need larger emitter or right precoolimator lenses.

Why is the difference between 69 and 75 mm so ctitical ?