Ultrafire 501, 502, 504 or C1?

Thanks everybody for the big amount of info!
Reading another thread, i found another light responding to my needs.

Now i'm wavering between this two light:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-wf504b-xm-lt6-5-mode-510-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-18650-57099

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=11206

What do you think?

I know are both new so probably nobody have already try this flashlight but i also know that sometimes experience can be more important than a direct test!

Do you think are both thrower or the are little bit balanced between throw and flood?

I need a light with a bright dot but also with good flood without using a flood-to-throw flashlight.

Thanks a lot for your advice

I'd probably get the KD light because the KD XM-L drop-ins have been pretty bright so far, but some of the DX drop-ins have been underdriven. You'll get a lot of flood out of both of these.

Spot on. I got my 501b today. No where near as bright as my XML from KD. Probably becase it has a much smaller head and is underdriven. It appears to be missing an o ring near the lens (it is) and is quite loose.

I have one WF-501a P60 host --using RCR123 but I read it's sized for a 18350 cell, I want to try.

I'm looking for a short twisty tailcap to make it a smaller pocket light; anything known?

to make a twisty switch you need anodized(to don't make contacts) screws on body, afaik no way of use a twisty tailcap on 50x serie..maybe from the head btw is not worth xD

This will not disappoint. The xpg will throw like a xm-l can't. Add the xm-l when you ready.

Only $9.39 USD for a 504b R5 1-mode.

I,m not shilling for them but will gladly take any discounts anyone has to offer!

Woah! Where can you buy the new version?

C1 Rocks! Great clip, although it can’t tailstand. That the 501 and 502 are my favs.

I have a WF-503B. It was originally bought as a 4xcr123a Xenon light before I discovered LED’s. I was wondering is this like the 501b only longer? The Xenon bulb used to seem really bright when I bought it but it absolutely ate batteries. Now that I am into LED’s and not incans I am wanting to purchase a good drop-in for it and possibly use it as a car light. I think I have read that some people do not recommend Li-on batteries for car flashlights so I could run the 4 primaries in it if needed. Just wondering if anybody has used this as a host.

I have a 502b, a 501a, and a C1, all from Manafont, and I dig all of them. A friend just got the new 504b and I really like it. First UF I’ve seen that tail stands, and it’s really nice quality. The most robust of the bunch are the 504 and the C1. The most fun is probably the 504a with a 18350 and a MF 3-mode XM-L because of the amount of light bursting from such a mini size.

That being said, I have effectively switched to SolarForce when I buy components for P60 anything anymore. WAY better quality and tons of accessories and options. I have the L2, L2M, and L2T, and will not be stopping there. :slight_smile:

thread revival….
When I look up 504b’s on ebay etc…are all of them going to be that harsh cold tint….?
IS there a source where I can pick the tint on a sub $25 light…?
Thanks
Tony

Do you need a drop-in flashlight or is a normal flashlight also ok?

Take a look at this post:
Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions. flashlight number 3 (Convoy). If this is to small for you, click the link, use the drop down menu and choose the M2 (this is bigger - similar size as a 504. Another advantage: 2,8 Ampere linear driver, 2 groups of modes (low, mid, high and one group with 5 modes) and it cost under $23 with a XM-L T6 3C (neutral white) LED.

Thanks Buwuve!
Is the T6 3C the warmest of the tints available?
Tony

Hello Tony,

yes, 3C is the warmest, FT offer with the M2. Take a look at this data sheet:

Higher as 6000K is really cold, 4000-5000 is neutral, warm is 2700-3300.

I have a silver Ultrafire WF-504B that has an intermittent tailcap/switch and would like to buy a replacement - but can only find the part in black. Can anyone suggest where to buy one - preferably in the USA, to avoid waiting for the coronavirus situation to settle down?

Silver 504B at DX

Not just the tailcap and not in the USA, but also not very expensive.

Thanks, Tex, I’ll save that Website. But I managed to liberate the switch from an unused junkbox C8 tailcap that had lost it’s rubber cover, and it’s working well in the 504B.
BTW, I graduated from Milby HS, long, long ago.