Ultrafire LZZ-06 AAA light with pocket clip 0.9-4.2v

Where did you find the coupon for SupFire A1 on myled?

I have been looking for a tiny aaa/10440 host for modding that has a clicky, my current favorite is the Jexree Mini in twisty, so if i can find the SupFire A1 for a similar price you got it for i will probably buy some.

It was in this thread: Supfire F3-L2 CREE XM-L2 LED flashlight for $6.90 shipped (18650 or 3 x AAA); there is a link to the product page, too: http://www.supfireenglish.com/Products/led_flashlight/small_flashlight/2014/1209/111.html

Thanks for the extra info, i hope that it is possible to press it out from the spring side or from the button side, to get in to it for mods.

It could be destructive, so i wouldn’t try it without a backup plan like maybe these switches or some other some other small switch that could fit i case it breaks.

Here’s how I “fixed” my mode changes. I looked to my L3 Illumination L10 for inspiration.

Here’s how the L10 looks. As you can see it uses the threads for the negative connection while using a bit of foam to keep pressure against the battery until it’s been threaded tightly enough to make contact with the battery.

First I removed the anodizing from the threads on the body and head. This only took a few minutes with a bit of drano and qtips. Use care with caustic chemicals!

After that I removed the anodizing from the sides of the platform the driver sits in. You have to remove the driver for this. I wrapped the edge of the driver with copper tape, pushed the driver back into place, and soldered the tape to the negative contact ring. It’s not pretty but it works.

Next was reducing the height of the spring in the tail. I used a screwdriver to push the spring down into the tail. I’m not sure if it actually sits farther down or was bent. Either way it’s shorter now. Sorry, no pics.

The last step was to insert foam to keep the battery from making contact with the head until it’s been tightened enough. A small bit of foam was removed from the center to allow the battery to make contact with the head.

Mode changes aren’t perfect but they’re significantly improved. There’s a lot of play in the threads which means the head can be slightly bent to one side as it’s being tightened. This can cause unintentional mode changes.