Ultrafire uf10 zoomable 16340

If you’re ok with covering shipping i’ll check prices for you.

Of cource, i will pay for shipping. You can pm me the costs, i will reply with my address.

Thnx man! love this forum.

Welkom bij BLF, Geuzzz!

Edit: zie dat je al sinds 2015 erbij gekomen bent, maar had je nog nooit gezien. :slight_smile:

Dank je! Ik lees al jaren dagelijks mee op dit forum en ben ook al tientallen zaklampen verder. Ik was altijd bang dat als ik ook nog eens mee ging discussiëren, het nog verder uit de hand zou lopen ;).

Hm, is this the kind of driver-with-LED that’s also used in bike lights?
(they can afford to waste more power as heat, I guess)

I’m noticing more like that, illuminated when the light is on, sometimes showing battery level with different colors
(that’s opposite what I think is useful for hand-carried lights, where it’s useful to have it lit up dimly when off so it’s easy to find)

I know only two modes, but does it have memory or next mode? I’ve had these in my cart for a few days but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Its not just over $10 on gb now, but I do think its still a nice light from what I’ve reading in this thread and the VB thread

I want solid pills to have the option of using 10mm Square LEDs
which self-center just about perfectly in round 16mm cutouts
(hat tip to Pythagoras)
(sum of square of two 10mm sides =200; square root of 200 is about 14.14, so less than a millimeter of play)

Got mine today. It’s not very bright. For the price, I can’t complain. I like the battery indicator and the magnet in the tail cap. The build quality seems to be decent. All in all, not bad at all. It’s definitely a candidate for modding.

Glenn - if you want it tweaked up, let me know. Just got my 2nd piece in yesterday. I resistor modded my 1st one and swapped out the LED - it's better, but want to go further with the mod - more aggressive resistor mod, and dedome the XM-L2 I got in there.

2nd one will get a different LED, just not sure which yet.

Tom, how much better is it with just the resistor mod? Also, I agree the zooming is a bit stiff, but still smooth. I’ll fix that.

Post #39 here summarized the results of the mod I did, but again, I'd do more with the resistor to increase amps, then dedoming will bump up the kcd significantly. Expecting to get closer to, or at 20 kcd. For me, above 500 lumens is a big +, but really want more throw with a tighter beam... Square though unfortunately. Might go with a dedomed XP-G2. Not sure if anyone dedomed the "XP-E2 Torch". I got one, but haven't tried it yet.

No mode memory
off —(1 click)—> High —(1 click)—> Low —(1 click)—> off

Basically, 1 click to turn on, then single click for low or double-click (very easy with e-switch) for off.

The Torch dedomes well and throws well, but have never done a direct comparison measurement with the R4 XP-E2 because I assumed that the effect of dedoming would be the same. Now that I know from XP-G2’s that leds with more rough phosfor seem to throw less after dedoming, that makes me wonder about the throw of a dedomed Torch again.

I have a dedomed xml2 in there now, but i’m not really happy with it. I’ll try a xpg2 next.

Hhmm - worth it to check the Torch then. What didn't you like bout the dedomed XM-L2? I have a U4 1C in there - they have worked well for me dedomed, in general that is...

The beam profile is still to wide for me. Hoping for more pencile beam.

Not sure if up to now this was just suggested by Tom or actually checked, but with the light completely stock I just simply completely bypassed the middle 1R5 resistor with a solder blob, output (measured with a Efest IMR 16340, after 10 seconds) went from 330lm to 670lm. Driver still seems happy enough. :slight_smile:

This is some potent light!

Good to hear. Did the light still retain its low mode when you bypassed the resistor?

Yes, no problem, but just checked it for a few minutes.

Just did a "hot gas" dedome of the U4 1C I had on a SinkPAD, SinkPAD reflowed to the brass pill. I sank the whole pill, minus the driver and O-rings, into a jar of gar - took 40-45 mins for the dome to loosen up - actually could see bubbles coming out of the dome for a couple mins at the end.

Also as djozz mentioned, I removed one of the resistors and solder blob'ed in it's place. Wow! Had trouble measuring amps, but must be pretty high. After these mods:

• on a EFEST 700 V1 (not the best IMR, but good) @4.22v, lumens: 867 @start, 765 @30 secs (full flood), 31 kcd (measured at 5m) for a 352 meter range (full zoom)

After the dedoming, the hot spot really tightened up nice and much prefer the tint now, and focus is nearly perfect, maybe could be a tiny better.