Ultrafire XM-L 3 mode P60 drop in from Manafont

Am I seriously the only person getting over 3 amps consistently?

I just got a new one today . . .

Solarforce L2P with Solarforce 2400:

high - 3.60

medium - 1.16

low - .19

If I'm the only one getting these readings then maybe I'm doing something wrong. The thing is; when E1320 said he tested my F15 at 3.5 amps with his Fluke - the same light tested 3.46 on my DMM. Still, I'm begining to wonder . . . if I'm messing up somehow, I'd like to correct it.

Foy

I am getting the same results as you are. I wonder if the new driver on the Manafont drop in is different I know it looks different on the spring side or it's possible the low readings are coming from people with small leads on there DMM.

the driver boards look diffrent on my drop-in,s to the one in the opeaning post, did yours come in the Ultrafire box ?.

I checked mine with two DMM's a fluke and a cheapie, could the drivers be faulty and going into direct drive giving you guys high readings.

Like the KD C8 with the brass pill and GITD tail cap button it comes with a 2 amp driver but there is guys claiming 2.5 plus amps ? is it people with modded DMM leads getting false high readings from a 2 amp driver.

My driver board also looks different than old4570's. His driver board is blue with a thick silver border and UltraFire writing. Mine is black with gold UltraFire writing.

A friend of mine who's an electronic engineer at a power plant brought his Fluke along last night and we tested tailcap amps:

High: +- 1.6 A

Medium: +- 0.5 A

Low: +- 0.15 A

And even with these amps I was happy with the light and impressed everyone.

But I'll go bigger! I'll be ordering the 105C driver and my friend will help me with the soldering. I'll post before and after readings and beamshots if anyone's interested.

So the high powered Manafont Ultrafire 3 mode XML drop-in is no more?

Or the cell was exhausted. I wonder what voltage the cell was showing?

I bought the same drop-in recently and noted 3+A on high with fresh cells. I know some of my cells can't provide that high level of current though... try fresh cells!

yeah I got mine recently and it's 3.5a+ on high..LED colour is pretty blue though..

We took measurements with fully charges (almost brand new) TF 2400 Flames. I've only charged them 3-4 times each, so I'm sure the cells were up for the task. Look at Benckie's test at the top of this page, he measured the same.

We also measured the current with and without the tailcap, and on each occasion they were the same. So I think that the driver is limiting the current.

Keltex and pounder, what colour is your driver board?

After all the searching and reading about this Manafont drop in, I was about to pull the trigger. I get the feeling from the reading of this thread that quality is not up to par... What is the consensus presently? Is it worth ordering? Or wait for the next batch?

Thought it was the best thing going. Got 2 L2's on way and nothin to put in em yet.

Edit: 03-01-12 Buy It ! Got one and it is definitely a heavyweight. BRIGHT AND WHITE !

i got another one of these dropins, because it is a steal for the light it puts out, although i only run the original on medium using a solarforce lantern most of the time, afraid of heat issues, i use them in mainly solarforce hosts, but have also thrown them into other hosts as well, but measurements are all done on solarforce hosts. and it still pulls well over 3 amps on redilasts with over 3.4 volts. pulls near 2.8 amps on himax, and around 1.5 amps on trustfire flames. its a great dropin, definitely recommend it, puts the whoopin on even custom xml dropins.

I've had this for about a week, hosted by WF-501B. Mine's steadily pulling 3.6+ amps on high, even when the battery is down to 3.7V. Haven't tested for lower voltage. I don't feel comfortable using it steadily on high, XML T6 only rated 100% at 0.7A and this is 5 times as much... wonder how long will the emitter actually last?

Sure is bright and floody though. Mid setting is plenty bright for night use, heck, even low is very comfortable to use to walk around in the dark. I'll probably use low most of the time. And the memory is great! Quick flick to change mode, otherwise will stay on last mode used.

Also, ++1 for no strobe! There are enough cheap lights using strobes, let us enjoy nicer lights without them.

Especially on better batteries, the trustfire flames just cant squeeze out enough juice, but they are plenty bright even running on the flames, might not uave to worry about over heating issues on the flames, but pop in a better cell and this thing is crazy, the low has way more than enough light, its actually pretty bright on low, especially once your eyes have corrected to the light condition after a few seconds. Has anyone bought the similar dropin from manafont but in the warmer tint?
http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-cree-t6-warm-white-5mode-memory-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-7747

I bought 3 more for friends. They want BRIGHT and this is the best bang for the buck if that's the criteria. They all work as they should and build quality seems to be on par.

I don't know about that statement. My TF flames are able to kick out 3A in my KD C8.

BTW - I do need to eventually get me one of these drop-ins.

-Garry

I purchased 4 of these several months ago. For the money I think you can't beat them. The only thing I recommend doing is wrap them in either copper or aluminium foil so they fit tight in the host for better heat sinking.

Copper foil (not copper tape) I got off ebay awhile back. Unfortunately I can't remember the seller's ID.

Where is everyone getting the "copper tape" that I hear about using for this?

EDIT: Is this it? Or is there a better place to get it?

-Garry

Garry, check ebay. I got mine as a sheet, 5 mils thick. I would avoid copper tape. I think the adhesive might act as an insulator and prevent optimal heat transfer.

That's where I remember seeing it.

How about this "copper foil at 5 mil thick"? This better? I was searching for "Buy It Now" and "US Seller".

-Garry