UniqueFire G10 CREE XP-E R5 6-Mode 350-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*14500/1*AA)

Got my 5 mode today. Worked for 5 seconds with a 14500 before it killed the driver.

Have requested a new from DX. My first problem with them ever. If they dont behave

I will play the PayPal claim card.

Put in a new driver and the light works fine. Nice big hotspot with a lot of spill.

Damn , sounds like I should have ordered more buck boost drivers .... [ And still waiting - this one is taking for ever ]

I received my G10 5-mode from DX last week and it flashed a few times after I put in a 14500 and that was the end of it.

Justcame across this one: http://www.jayki.com/flashlight_review_board/12297

The driver is not 14500 compatible.

How do you replace a driver for it? Is it available from DX and what's the SKU?

Thanks

Hi cwdy,

welcome to BLF. I hope you own a small soldering iron, have steady hands and are not afraid to handle delicate wires.

If you want to make it an 14500-only light, maybe this driver. The flashy modes can be deactivated.

You lose AA capability with that one ... If it was desired in the first place ... ?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/17mm-1000ma-5-mode-with-mode-memory-leddriver-circuit-board-for-cree-xr-e-emitters-0-9-4-5v-input-15880 Try this one if you want to run AA + 14500

I did order one , for UnuqueFire Osram , would be nice to have a multimode osram pocket light .

Thanks guys Smile, will get some of those to try.

So it seems as though the single mode is able to take a 14500 and the multiple mode model cannot. I just ordered a single mode and would sure like to use a 14500.

I got a full refund from DX on my fried 6-mode. I asked for a new light, but it seems

they dont have any with a driver which can manage 14500 batteries.

A full refund sounds a good outcome.

It would cost me over $8 to send the dead light back to DX so I took up the option of keeping it and receiving a $5 store credit. Probably could've asked for more...

This light really appeals to me if it could handle 14500, but for the time being I'll just keep a watch on it until they fix the driver problem.

I got the option of choosing between a full refund or a storecredit. I choosed the

former as the most wise thing to do. Having read about your $5 credit I think I

was right. Im allready looking for something to buy for my $15 from them (DX) though,

so this a win win situation.

Did you get to keep the light or had to send it back at own cost?

They did not ask me to return the light. Now Im the lookout for a decent driver for it.