uniquefire uf-v3

Another observation, the reflector is an odd two step design. From the emitter it has a bowl about 5mm deep by 10mm diameter then a flat plateau, about 20mm diameter, then another bowl shaped cone out to the outer diameter.

Whoever came up with this needs a slap in the back, because it really works well. The beam is comparable to my trustfire t1 that has a 50mm head. Throwing at the same building from my back door, its only slightly less bright, but driven a whole amp less and a smaller reflector and much smaller form factor.

I’m impressed!

I got mine off the linked ebay seller, HK equipment. But I know mine is just a wee tad behind the 980L in output, brighter than the Manafont C8 noticeably. But for someone who can turbo up the driver, then you’re on the right path anyway.

I have one of these coming from T-mart, it will probably be here Fri. or Sat.It will be interesting to see what the tailcap measurements are compared to yours.It does look like a neat little light, even if it is underdriven.I have a UF C-8 that only pulls around 1.5 amps on high…but damn if it isn’t much brighter than my other lights on lower modes at the same current draw.I’m betting that this light is the same way, guess we will see soon.-Rick

Hi Rick, I think you’ll really like it regardless of drive current, I’m very pleased with mine. 8)

sounds like this may very be my next light purchase. i still want to see if others find a place where its not so underdriven. so is this light brighter than a keygos ke 5 or a kd c8.
so since it has a tight hotspot, theres not much flood/spill? beam shots anyone?

I’ll do what I can tonight, Kelesecurity wants pictures to help resolve my issue, so I’ll find out if the pills hollow too.

Oh, and the beam is a tight hotspot with a nice spill so very usable.

Hey Gords, got my light last fri.and used it camping.It has a very nice beam!The T-mart version I have draws 2.0 amps at the tailcap with Tenergy protected 2600mah cells, 1.4 or less with Ultrafire BRC.One thing I did notice(actually my wife did) is that it always starts on high, does your version do that also?All in all it is a good little light at a great price.-Rick

Yep, no memory, always starts on high. 2a is still under driven, BUT you see what I mean about it seeming to be so bright. At 1.5a mine is comparable to my 2.6a st6 and my keygos m10 only just out shines it. With a 3a driver I think this would be hellish bright.

Have you had the reflector out yet? Have a look at it, then tell me it doesn’t look odd.

Got mine today, Thanks T-mart for the quick shipping!

Man does this thing throw. Don’t know how it compares to the Ultrafire HD2010 as I just ordered one and a set of batteries so I guess I will know in a week or so.
As far as current draw, with the U2 it probably doesn’t need to draw as much as the regular T6 to achieve the same output.

I am using a Ultrafire red/silver protected 3000mh but have some better Trustfires on the way.

Can’t get over the quality and performance of this light for the money.
Thanks,
Keith

I can’t wait for mine, I ordered it from Tmart also…

Has someone any additional infos about this light?
I was about to pull the trigger on a C8 T6 when i found out that there are some C8 with U2 out there.
By searching about the U2 i found this UF-V3 and i really like what you guys have to say about it.

Did someone else test the current?
Since this is not a common light i expect these are really all from the same manufacturer and therefor have the same driver.

Has someone any points why not to buy this over a C8? (except that it is marginally more expensive)

where to get it?
the cheapest one i found thus far is KD for $16.54:
http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020449

but there it’s advertised at “only” 800lumens, is this the one light where the manufacturer actually underrates the output? :wink:

I'd say the 800 lumens is more realistic, although perhaps a tad underrated (unless talking "OTF" Out-The-Front lumens). This will be slightly more of a thrower than a C8 I believe. I'd go for it.

I only have the Q5 version and it's a really cheap build quality, but I wouldn't assume the XM-L version is the same. Sounds like it's a better build than mine from what I've heard.

-Garry

It is really 800 lumens. I don’t have the Kaidomain one, but that is a darn good price! I’d recommend it over any C8 except the U2 C8, which I don’t have, but I’m told is brighter at 871 otf. Dunno. Let other loves, such as the love of ergonomics, persuade you! This is one of the best little form factors out there—and the belt clip is reversible!

Has someone any additional infos about this light?

I got one and measured the amps (12 gauge wires on the DMM, proved reliable on several other lights) and it reads 2.6A on a fully charged Panasonic 2900mAh unprotected. I bought mine from LightMalls. The U2 C8, also from LightMalls, measures 5.1A on the same battery! So, the C8 U2 is listed as 3A regulated (not true - unregulated), and the V3 is also listed at 3A regulated (not true - regulated to 2.6A it looks like). It's still a pretty good focused beam , but not a blazer like the C8. The V3 is so damn light-weight, dunno if I'd trust it over 3A.

I guess the lesson here is you can't believe what they say on these specs (lumens, distance throw, regulated, amps, watts, etc.). They just seem to make this $&^* up.

To get 800 lumens at 2.6A on a U2, hhhmmm. Stretching it. Of course the KD V3 could be different, or it could be exactly the same as LightMalls - luck of the draw...

Mine draws 1.5a or so, definitely underdriven………

It’s my go to light, it gets dragged into my van for work, dragged out for night light duty feeding my little boy.

It’s getting a 3a driver, be under no illusion, but as is, its so small and so useful I love it. The reflector is odd too, on low in a dark room, you get a thick column of light and good spill, at 3a, I think it’ll be a light sabre.

The little bugger is tiny with a 30mm - 40mm head but its output is unbelievable, I honestly believe mine got a q5 driver rather than an xm-l one, buy from the other links, not mine and be happy, compared to a c8 its fricken tiny.

Agree with gords1001 - it's a good small light with a nice beam pattern, somewhere between a smaller 2100 or 501/502 and a full head C8, but very light weight. It could depend on the battery what you get out of it with the std driver. I have a few KD V2 3.04A drivers on the way - the V3 is a good candidate for getting one!

thank you all for your posts, it looks like everyone is happy with this light, even when it’s underdriven!

That’s nice to hear, i was afraid there has something gone wrong because this thread was full of praise and then it stopped abruptly.

and frankly i’d rather have a light regulated at 2.6A than a direct driven one with over 5A, but i guess a burning flashlight has some nice lumen output too :wink:

Now i have a new question:
what is the real size of this light?
gords1001 you said 30mm – 40mm and Tom E confirmed (between 2100/501/502 and C8)
tmart and ebay say 148x47x23mm and DinoDirect says 108x32mm

are there in fact two lights with the same name and look but in fact have different size and driver?

Just confirmed, my V3 matches the dimensions posted on LightMalls -- 147mm length, 47mm head width (outer dim). Tube is about 23mm in the middle.