Unwanted: SRK clones w/out LED shelf

EDIT: who wants those things anyway? :wink: Maybe if I ever do anything cool with an SRK that doesn’t require the stock guts people will be glad they have them. In the meantime I’m going to go ahead and use a decent SRK or two, so I’m no longer looking for bad SRKs. Thanks!

I know there are a bunch of folks on here who’ve bought SRK clones on eBay or elsewhere (such as this thing at GearBest) and been disappointed to learn that they had no shelf.

I’d like to pickup between one and three SRKs for $10/ea. I realize that I’m only offering a pittance. Hopefully it’s enough to cover your shipping and make you feel better about buying such a terrible light(s). :frowning:

Bump. I’d hate to spend an extra $10/ea on brand news ones and encourage the Chinese to make more of these ledge-free SRKs!

sorry I only have the good original Skyray Kings.
I stopped buying them just as all those cheap junk clones began taking over the market trying to cash-in on the original’s success.

I think they just responded to the negative feedback about the lights getting hot. Now the lights don't get hot, buyers are happy, and when they burn out prematurely they can sell another one. Largely a win-win for the manufacturers, as long as there's a large supply of ignorant buyers. It's not like they can build brand loyalty anyway. If you find something you like, it's nearly impossible to find another copy made by the same producer.

Could be, but I’d rather not fuel the fire. Especially when there’s got to be folks on here who ended up with a light they won’t use and can’t bring themselves to throw away.

Bump.

I’d still like to take a couple of these off of someone’s hands. I know some of you just chucked these things directly into your box-o-crap when you realized what was up. I’m sure some of you need to clear out that kind of thing before the wife catches on to how many non-functional flashlights you’ve got horded.
:wink:

Feel free to negotiate here or via PM if you have one or more of these monstrosities and would prefer to retain part of it such as the LEDs/MCPCB, driver, lens, reflector, switch PCB, or etc! I’m sure we can work something out.

Just a voice of reason here: I’m not sure why anyone would “sell” you an SRK light for $10, since that is approximately shipping anyways, and someone has to go make a trip, buy materials, pack and ship it to you. You are in essence asking for a free light with free shipping labor, which could be fine too if someone wanted to give you one. But I’m guessing that’s why you aren’t getting replies! I just know if I were to give any of my lights away, if it was instead termed a “purchase” for the cost of postage, I wouldn’t be very anxious to sign up and do it…

Meh, I really agree with you. I’m sure I could have phrased it better. I’m not looking for charity so much as society’s cast-offs. This isn’t a search for an SRK which someone wants. Flat rate shipping should be ~$6 USD and by the time someone makes a trip to the post office they’ve already wasted $4 of their time.

So they’d be doing me a favor and that’s about it!

How do you suggest I retitle my thread? “In search of gimp SRK clones, will cover shipping up to $10”? Or is the entire subject just too insulting to broach in the first place?

Its fine to ask. If you don't ask you don't receive. You have not demanded anything from anyone. If I could help I would as would dozens of others here. I wish you all the best in your search and whatever you are creating.

Right ^ All I meant is you probably should have just asked for a gift and you will pay for postage and some may have been more responsive…I’m not leading you anywhere, and I don’t have SRKs to give, goodluck!

Thank you both ;-).

Now that you mention creating things MRsDNF, you made me think a little. I’m clearly gunning for a project which works well with a gimped SRK. I think I’ll drop this thread and stop trying to solicit donations - instead I’ll just use a regular cheap SRK (s) for this project. If the project ends up being something cool which can be done with a bad SRK I don’t want anyone to wish they still had their terrible SRK.

have to be SRK? I could sell you 3 new C8s with no shelf for $20 shipped :smiley:

For this project, yes. What’s up with the C8’s? That’s just how they showed up, no pill at all?