Update - $29.95 from GB, on the Ultrafire 1226 - GOLD COLOR ONLY

I have one of these from DX still new sitting in the box from over a year ago. Its been out for a quick confirmation and then back into storage. It looks like I was lucky to get a decent example since others reported some faults/imperfections in the host. I havent completely torn mine down yet, but I did begin a review long ago and never posted.

Here’s an excerpt:

With 3.5 amperes being delivered to the emitter via 7135’s in high mode, I was more than pleasantly surprised. How many times have we all been disappointed from a lack of lumens (and amps) in our flashlights and wanted more power? Not everyone has the ability to mod their own flashlights, and this one does far better than most XM-L flashlights at any price.

Current measurements taken with four 18650 cells charged to 4.20V

High – 3.51A
Medium – 1.01A
Low – 0.17A

The driver has next mode memory, but the pencil trick across the capacitor eliminated that annoyance. There is room to add additional 7135’s for more driver current if desired.

The reflector looks perfect and has a high luster finish. Rings are noticeable in the beam pattern when white wall hunting but not observable outdoors. Taking a closer look for potential causes of the rings reveals that the polished surface of the emitter centering ring is reflecting light back onto the reflector. While this recoups some potential losses in the stock configuration, it is unclear if a different spacer ring or mod would be of any benefit. I may experiment with this later in conjunction with dedoming an emitter.
The outside dimensions of the reflector are 61.99mm deep x 51.65mm wide. The glass lens measures 64.8mm and is not coated.

Interest in a MT-G2 mod

Im thinking about a 4S mod and buck driver for 12V XHP70 when available.

Sounds good to me.

Any one got this light ? i really want one for the XHP70 when available

I hope for a decent review .

Has anyone’s order shipped yet? Mine order status still shows “Processing”.

Just contact May@gearbest.com and tell her your order number, name, address, BLF member name and ask about your order.

That did the trick. They packaged it up and even sent me a photo of the package and shipping label. It’s being shipped Netherlands Post Registered. I’ve never heard of that carrier before but I hope they are faster than some of the carriers our Asian friends use.

OL - thanks for your work on this.

Any sense on what modding is required to get this up and running with an MT-G2.

Like many others, I have limited tools and more so skills to get the job done.

Thanks.

With limited tools, it might be an issue. The light would have to go from 4P, to 2S/2P for the MT-G2. That in itself takes some major modification. The led “should” sit where the original does. Then it’s a matter of driver. Usually the stock driver becomes a contact plate and the new driver goes in between the stock one and the led. There is usually enough space to do that. The reflector hole may need to be opened up to fit an MT-G2.

Is there is any reflector can fit in this light that can work with the XHP70 to have a good beam profile ?

I do not know. I have not gone looking for XHP70 reflectors as yet, so I don’t know what is out there for sure.

Since converting over to 2S/2P is going to be too much work, will 8 of these get the job done?

Yes, that is a valid option.

This light here has a very big opening in the reflector.

Looking at that reminds me of this light I stumbled across while searching for a good zoomie.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Handheld-3000Lm-CREE-XML-T6-USB-LED-Zoomable-5-Mode-Flashlight-Torch-Car-Charger/513241_2052988039.html

EDIT:

Might be ok if modded to take a bigger lens.

What would be best to open up the reflector with for the MT-G2?

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1863300

http://www.banggood.com/18-12-Inch3_18-12_7mm-Wood-Chamfer-Taper-Tapered-Reamer-p-936364.html

Don't know. Others might. I always use a round file or a small dremel bit.