UPDATE: 5/19!! Review: ULTRAFIRE HD2010 from Tmart (warning: lots of pics!!)

Dear MarioSS,I am writing to tell you that the HD2010 which in stock is unbranded.The one we have brand isTangsFire-HD2010. You can check the detail on this link:http://www.tmart.com/search.html?typeid=3330&q=TangsFire-HD2010
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Sherry
Tmart.com

Thanks for the review!

Just received my gray color unbranded from Tmart today. I have a black branded one from Tmart as well. The gray ones are just as good as the black branded ones.

I got my gray HD20120 from tmart today. Out-of-package i droppped 26650 in it and everything worked great. Then i cleaned threads and added silicon to o-rings. After this light only worked at HIGH STROBO SOS modes. Really wierd…

Oh well, my plan was to replace the driver, so i did that. I replaced old driver with NANJG 105c driver from intl-outdoor.com . To that driver I also soldered two extra “7135”s. With new driver mode changing is working again and got rid of those flashy-blingbling-modes ( Yea, I hate those ). Current reading from tail-cap is 3.5A now with new driver.

This light really gives some good throw!! wow…
I have two u3-ic leds laying un-used, so maybe i’ll swap one of those in this light ’cause this reflector really hungers for more lumens… >)

Could you on your gray HD2010 click through your modes and stop on strobe mode and click off, wait 20 seconds, click back on. What happens?

So i swaped that led to U3 1C and driver is that AMC7135*10.
Here’s a little comparison between this and stock Trustfire A8 from keygos.com
Distance about 80m to that tree. I posted this also here , but wanted to share it here also.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/316x6at.jpg

Mine has perhaps a bug in the software. If the light is turned off at any other mode than high, it won’t turn on after waiting a while. After the first firm click it needs a soft press like changing modes to turn it on at high.

I have an unbranded gray HD2010 from Tmart that just arrived. I’m happy with the light. Draws about 3,2-3,4A from a 18650 (more if I compress the spring) and throws well. Threads are smooth and the quality is very good. (o-rings needed changing to a bit larger and some grease was needes for the o-rings and threads)

Thanks for the update hoffig. My black HD2010 from Tmart didn’t have this issue. Oh well, gray one still very bright.

I have this light from T-mart, cost is 28$ shipped, and no logo on the light.

Unbranded black HD2010 arrived last week. Luvved it. So I ordered another one. :slight_smile: They’re unbranded but they do have a “Cree” branding on one side. I’m going to stick with the 18650 batts because if they have no current regulation on High mode (“direct drive”) that may be whats causing problems when using the higher current capacity 26650s … (?)

Sorry to bump this, but I just got my grey HD2010 from Tmart, and it has no memory. Turning off for more than two or three seconds regardless of mode, when you turn back on it’s in high. This is perfect for a thrower, IMO.
Still, I might change out this driver since it’s DD on high and with a 26650 really overdrives (measured over 6A on a Ultrafire 26650). I would expect a King Kong 26650 to pop the LED pretty quick.

Unfortunately these manufactures are known for changing components between batches. 6A is huge! Mine only comes close to 4 and that is after resistance mods to both springs.

Unbranded gray one came today. No scratches, good machining, dry threads and pill was loose but happy to see centering plastic insulator so reflector cant short on emitter wires. Seems some versions of this light don’t have it. No mode memory and I am guessing its direct drive as I saw 3 amps on a 2 yr old 18650 trustfire with my old crappy analog multimeter. I like this light though, it seems like as good as version as any others and Tmarts US shipping is fast; just need more batteries now!

Watch out with 26650’s. I put a weaker one in mine and got 6A on the tailcap. There have been a few people fry the emitters this way. If you want to run 26650 you may need to mod or change the driver.

Thanks, I am close to getting some 26650 trustfires from Fasttech, maybe I will hold off. Seems some only get between 4 and 5 amps with one but I realize meters are all over the place too. Some have mentioned running hrs on high with one and no problems because what the emitter actually sees is lower because of going thru the switch? This light is so powerful I would like a lower low on it.

Mine came with no oring on the pill too? Dont know why you would want one as it would seem to lower heat transfer. Also some people are running theirs with the pill unscrewed slightly to bring the reflector tight down on the centering ring, I wonder if that could cause problems with frying some of them as it would have to transfer less heat than a fully tightened one? Mine seems to line up everything perfectly with the pill tight.

Wow! read wrong scale on my meter, pulling 5.5 amps! Meter seems accurate as my XPG pulls about 1.8 amps on it. Maybe I will change the driver before getting some 26650s

Okay, checked on a real meter today at work, Fluke 78. Stock leads got 2.7 amps. 10 gauge short leads got 3.2 amps. Ran straight 10 gauge lead from battery to tube and used Fluke true RMS clamp on amp meter and got 3.5 amps. Light would only stay on just long enough to post a reading. I think the protection circuit for the battery was kicking in at this point.

I dedomed my HD2010 and now the hotspot has a giant doughnut hole! How do I refocus the beam?

Now I have yet another light coming my way that Need does not apply to!

$30.99 shipped with no coupon, they say it ships in 24 hours so we’ll see.