UPDATE - Possible problems with Acebeam/Supbeam. Please Read, ACEBEAM WILL REPLACE PROBLEM PARTS

Ok so the light sells at $150US. If the manufacturer told you that they had some with mismatched anodizing, what would you be willing to pay for it? To be honest I would say $xxx is still a pretty fair price.

I do understand the frustrations of course of unexpectedly paying for this as opposed to intentionally. To be honest I would be annoyed by this finish if it arrived like above, but I would quickly get over it because it’s still a great light that is functionally still great.

I feel bad for the people receiving 2nd-rate lights, but I’m glad that I thought twice before jumping on these supbeam group buys as they were still relatively expensive from a brand that hasn’t earned my trust even if they were screaming deals for the advertised specs.

Please don't post the price without OL's OK.

Sorry! Edited.

I think you get the flashlight still good with the appropriate color shoe polish and a brush (the head)

or I think you may be a while baking in the oven for a little paler to the backside.

Ahh, ok, I think that may explain it - the tube is a part from an earlier run. My problem is of the two, one is mine, one is another BLFer to mod, so, no way would I stiff the other guy with the unmatched one. Again - the quality overall seems excellent - no sign it's used/refurbished.

As of this morning, no reply from Bella yet.

I would not buy the Supbeam at all at market price, nor would I willingly buy a factory second, not due to any issues with the brand itself or the lights, but because I already have a TK61 (multi cell XM-L2), and an SF s2200 (multi cell MT-G2) and none of them are cheap enough to just buy for the hell of it (well, to buy multiple versions of the same basic thing anyway). But at the price offered, it was worth it to me. But as seconds that is no longer true, they are just lights discounted due to imperfections, cheap yes, but not really the same as a perfect version. I have limited USE for it, so both its aesthetics and price were deciders.

Ill gift either the ones I have, or the Supbeams in the end. I cant use them all. My worry is, they will be perfectly fine, work better than the units i own already but Ill be forced to gift them for the simplicity of inbuilt charging.

damn i wished i knew this - i just paid for my x40 last night

UPDATE:

Dear Justin

Yes, we well received E-mail from you and Tom E about the issue of K50. We have been checking with our production dept once viewed the photos and have a meeting to discuss about the solution today.

The light tube anodizing does not match the color because of the different production batch. We will send them some replacement light tube to solve this issure. Pls help us to collect the color difference anodized, or let them send us PM or e-mail once they get the light with any problems or issures. Acebeam would not make the mistake and destroy you and our reputation. We will provide them with the best and negotiable solution.

Any questions, pls let us know.

Best regards

Bella Chen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so would all of you please post photos of any mismatch here and also send bella6180 a PM with a photo and your details, just like you did to begin with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at my request, they have already refunded my order

Was that for an order that hadn’t been shipped?

i ordered last night and after hearing this i sent an email to cancel the order and opened up a paypal claim to go on record ahead of time that there were issues… they refunded after this

The light you ordered is a newer light altogether, quite likely to not have any of the issues seen on the K50 V2.

You can always re-order later if/when it proves out to be worth it though. Hope you can find a similar deal then…

I’m looking forward to getting my K50 V2. I don’t have a magnetic ring light like this and am intrigued by it. Does anyone know how it performs with a simple de-dome? I may leave mine pretty much alone with just a de-dome, probably in-light, to tighten up the beam profile. May just leave it completely stock altogether for the uniqueness.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

O-L your the best !! Feeling good now that Acebeam says they will make it right. I believe they will. I really like the way the BLF sticks together tough. This forum is a very special place is it not? Think I’ll stick around a good long time if you guys can put up with me!

I hope this will apply to the X40 GB buyers too.

Picked mine up from post office just now. No quality issues, finish is the same throughout, light is working, the only thing I will nitpick at, is the LED is very very slighly off center, .05mm if I had to guess, and definitely not a major problem.

Also received an email from Bella - if you get a mismatched light email her and they will send a matching battery tube. Fairly certain it went out to everyone, but if you need a copy let me know I'll forward it over.

I got the email from Bella too. Tracking indicates it just leaving Shenzhen.

Relax folks. Damage control is swift and reasonable. Emails are already being sent out by Bella:

“There were GB K50 buyers who had sent us the feedback which the K50 Light Tube anodizing does not match the color. First of all, we are awfully sorry for our mistake to make you trouble and inconvenience. It happened because of the different production batch. Pls send us e-mail or PM on BLF bella6180 once you find yours is with the same issure. We will send you the replacement light tube to solve it immediately as soon as getting your feedback. (Pls ignore this e-mail if you get a good one. ) We highly appreciate your cooperation.

Pls do not worry ! It is impossible to happen this again. Here is enclosed photo of our GB X40 for your pre-viewing.

Any questions, pls just contact us.

Have a nice weekend !

Best regards

Bella Chen”

+1. IMHO Supbeam is handling this issue as well as anyone could.

Every manufacturer makes a lemon some times. Quality control picks most of those, but sometimes it’s only the end user who notices it. That just happens, no matter how good the QC is.

I see the K50 ano mismatch as just a small oversight after they changed the ano between batches.. My own K50 is from the very first batch and it has the glossier ano in every part.