UPDATE - Possible problems with Acebeam/Supbeam. Please Read, ACEBEAM WILL REPLACE PROBLEM PARTS

UPDATE:

Dear Justin

Yes, we well received E-mail from you and Tom E about the issue of K50. We have been checking with our production dept once viewed the photos and have a meeting to discuss about the solution today.

The light tube anodizing does not match the color because of the different production batch. We will send them some replacement light tube to solve this issure. Pls help us to collect the color difference anodized, or let them send us PM or e-mail once they get the light with any problems or issures. Acebeam would not make the mistake and destroy you and our reputation. We will provide them with the best and negotiable solution.

Any questions, pls let us know.

Best regards

Bella Chen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so would all of you please post photos of any mismatch here and also send bella6180 a PM with a photo and your details, just like you did to begin with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Sad to report that so far some of the lights coming in from the Supbeam K50 V2 group buy have been what looks like factory seconds, or at least mis-matched parts from different runs.

Please, until we sort this out, don't buy anything more from Supbeam. I and several others will be contacting bella6180 to find out what is going to happen. I doubt it will be good, no matter what happens. Looks like it will be another Chinese CJ and it's just so sad to see all of us getting lied to so much from these overseas vendors.

Please look at the end of the Supbeam K50 V2 group buy thread, for photos from Tom E and please don't purchase or pay for anything more from them until we have a clear and proper resolution.

If you have photos of lights that have arrived, please post them here - Good or Bad, so we can better appraise the situation.

Here's a photo of one of Tom E's lights, he just got.

It's obvious to me, that this is a factory second, or just spare parts lying around the shop, from different runs.

Thank you

Reserved

The V2 group buy thread, not the V2 mod thread?

Link to the post: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27766#comment-620608

thank you, I modified the OP

My K50 appears to be fine, but I'm freaking out a bit now having just paid for the X40

+1

That shiny ano, I would not be happy.
How much did you all pay?

Can’t tell!

You guys deserve better. I'll take those horrid lights off your hands for $60 shipped. :D I joke, but I'm serious.

61 !

Hey Leaftye, I could save on shipping since we both live in San Diego! Just kidding. :wink:

Removed rant

Wow, interesting to see what kind of quality I end up with from the k50 I purchased from HKE….

wow that looks really bad… the anodizing looks really cheap and almost like paint on the battery tube.

Thanks for protecting the flock OL and jumping on this without delay. I know just how you feel. Lets hope this was a one time mistake with an expeditious remedy. They sure cant afford bad press like this, so I feel confident that Bella will be most apologetic and send another light or tube and get Tom fixed up. Lets cool off and see how she replies. After all, we have the largest collective flashlight hammer on this planet and Bella is already keenly aware of this. If you’re ever unsure of our resolve, just ask wallbuys how it feels to be smashed under that hammer. We will always protect our own.

Hi,

Was this GB from the same seller as for the X40 GB?

I’m on the latter GB, and I, along with others, got emails from someone named “chris” and the email signature said “sales director”, and his email address was a supbeam.com email address.

Well said Sir !! Totally agree Flash

Yikes! Not a happy chappy.

I’ll be looking even closer to the k50 when it arrives.

Not that I would mind either finish, but it would annoy me if mine came mismatched. My original K50, from when they were released, does have the more shiny finish. The quality of it seems ok, I mean I've use the light a bit, and it spends it's time in my car center console so it does get a bit of jostling in there by other stuff, but if wet or with gripping with sweaty hands it is kind of slipper. IIRC some guys over at the other forum felt it was bad enough to add grip tape to it.

Will be picking mine up from post office in the morning so I'll follow up with pictures.

OL thank you for organizing this in the first place, even if the lights are mismatched it's still a good deal, and thank you for being on top of the potential problems.

Yes, it’s the same seller or Supbeam itself. The guy Chris you are referring to is Chris Huang who works for Supbeam. I chatted with him when I bought my first K40 years ago, obviously retained by Acebeam now.