【Update】Wurkkos TS25 21700 version "slender waist" Quad Main LEDs and RGB Aux LEDs

Orange.
Or
Vermillion (like the Torii Gates). Something safety colored?

So … no update? :smiley:

Used it to illuminate something in the car’s engine bay. It was daytime, the sun was out so I had to really put the light on max to be able to get a good picture of a spot I wanted to focus on.

And YES, the light does get HOT. How hot? Enough for me to adjust the upper limit coz the step-down was observable. How hot? Enough for me to worry about letting the kids use it coz the body can get uncomfortably HOT.

It’s strange how the recent TS25 and TS22 lights get that HOT compared to previous ones like IF25A and TS22 on a short tube.

At least the TS25 cools down fast(er).

I’ve just received my TS25 (519A flavor) and i’m very happy with it. The amount of light on turbo is crazy, even with this emitter. (and also drawing 16 amps off the battery!) The body seems to do a really good job of dissipating heat considering it’s not that huge. The tail magnet is strong enough to hold the light horizontal which is nice for a light this size.

Haven’t yet measured the capacity of the battery that it came with, but it at least supplies 15+ amps with no issues.

I was very happy to find standard order 3-pin UPDI programming pads on it and was able to build Anduril 2 from source and flash it with no trouble.

I bought it direct from wurkkos’s site and the current promotion included a free 18650 cell (in addition to the 21700 cell for the TS25). I was kind of amused to discover that the free cell came enclosed in a whole other free flashlight, which wasn’t mentioned at all. It’s only a super cheap crappy “zoom” one with an old-style bluish emitter but i guess it works as a cell holder!

Yes, it’s super hot even after a few seconds (I reviewed mine here) but the light/beam it produces is very nice.

Can you remove the head? Mine came with glued head and the seller said it’s normal.

That’s odd. Mine was shipped 11/10 and neither the head nor the bezel are glued, the entire thing comes apart easily.

Received mine today, fired it up and straight off UI misbehaving, light under switch was intermittent and went hot hot hot, fire hot. Then I notice one LED is no go. Obviously no ATR, maybe LED burnt at factory while testing? Messaged Wurkkos Ali Store, waiting for reply. First bad LED ever, these things obviously do happen.

Looks like you got a lemon there. Yeah, go for warranty/refund.

I think mine has ATR. I was able to observe the stepdown in brightness after having it on max ceiling level. Yes, the light does easily get to 45 celsius+ on normal and even indoor usage.

I don’t know whether the information I got is accurate, need to check reviews from next lots.

congrats on your new light

thank you for confirming the flashing pads work.

also true for my Two TS25 lights
(one first run, one new production)

no glue at body to head, also no glue at bezel.

sorry to hear your light overheated and damaged one of the LEDs…

I just tested my new production model TS25 on Turbo
(handheld).

It did not get too hot to hold, and quickly ramped down to about 1/3 of initial output.

fwiw, I did a few more parasitic drain tests…
The New Production TS25 has Very Low Parasitic drain w aux off, and also w aux on Low:

production TS25:

parasitic drain w aux off, 0.08mA = 7 years
low red aux 0.22mA = 2.7 years
high red aux 7.92mA =26 days

Shipped 11/11, I just received a TS25 w/519a, second TS10, one 21700, two 18650s, four 14500s, a basic charger, and some diffusers. The spare batteries all came inside gimme flashlights, which confused me at first, thought maybe I got someone else’s order. All seven of them went to Goodwill.

The TS25 head was what I would call lightly glued, ie came off with just a little extra force.

I notice the button LED comes on as soon as you plug a cable into it, even without source or load.

Is AUX LED brightness something that a future version of Anduril might control? Or button LED behavior? If so, I’m going to need to learn how to flash.

yes and no

Yes:
The New Production TS25 has normal Anduril 2 Aux controls, no need to reflash.

7C from off will step through the 4 Aux brighness levels.

7H from off will scroll through the different Aux colors, release to choose one.

more info:

and No:
There is no button indicator light hardware on the TS25, only the charging indicator. afaik, reflashing cannot enable an indicator light function to the button. I would be happy to be mistaken.

If someone builds a hex that can enable the blue charging indicator light to also function as a button indicator light (with no hardware changes required), I will reflash immediately, as I consider a button indicator light Very Useful.

the button indicator light is one of my favorite features on sideswitch lights, such as my SC21 Pro:

Agreed, a switch indicator light is very useful. On the Noctigon M43, blue indicates full battery, green medium battery, and red low battery.

[quote=SpeedB]
Received mine today, fired it up and straight off UI misbehaving, light under switch was intermittent and went hot hot hot, fire hot. Then I notice one LED is no go. Obviously no ATR, maybe LED burnt at factory while testing? Messaged Wurkkos Ali Store, waiting for reply. First bad LED ever, these things obviously do happen.
sorry to hear that ,did you unassemble the head>?

I’m familiar with the 7H/7C, the low is too low but that’s what I use for battery level, the drain on high is too high. Five levels of AUX brightness would be nice, ramping would be even better. I’m hoping this doesn’t require a hardware change.

The two levels for aux LEDs are fixed. Neither the firmware nor the hardware can add more levels without serious redesign.

Did you use any heat or tool?

Thanks! I just noticed a detailed discussion of this over in the thread about AUX draw on Hank’s lights, and it does sound complicated.

Nope just a bit of extra force/grip.

Received my 519A TS25 and the power button indicator flashes blue during turbo. This is while no charging is taking place. Don’t know if it is a return or used model as the box says TS25 Black 219CT 5000K Set. The button indicator only flashes after turbo and stops when it seems to cool a little. The flashing continues even when turned off if it is still warm. The light is not too hot to touch and successfully steps down. My settings are at default and, based on the turbo temp by feel, about where I would normally set the limit at. I’m using the Wurkkos 21700 battery that came with it. Anyone else experience this?