[Updated 2023-02-10] Migration complete

Well, here I am. :grinning: And there ya’ll are… :wink:

1 Thank

Flashlight afficionados not pointing LEDs at themselves… is what I’d expect. :wink: Dark theme all the way!

Btw, the “BLF” heading/link at the top left has a blue highlight when in a thread. Intentional?

1 Thank

More or less, it’s just a picture.

I went with “Dark” too. At least for a while. I use dark on most devices that offer it as long as it remains easy to see/use. :ballot_box_with_check: :checkered_flag:

1 Thank

Ah, it’s an image with a blue background, that’s why. Meanwhile, the 3 flashlights picture has a transparent background.
Anyway it’s not a big deal. More than enough work for one day!

1 Thank

I like how this thread is stickied:

That’s pretty useful for any big announcements. :exploding_head:

2 Thanks

We can post pictures directly now? :exploding_head:

2 Thanks

2023-02-11, 03:23 GMT

It looks like the problem has been resolved with Yahoo email and possibly with AOL / Verizon / Charter too. Please give it another try. Thanks for your persistence!

1 Thank

I see a possible (small) problem.
Any post on Discourse must be at least 20 characters.
What if I just want to post an emoji?
I can’t do that right now.
:open_mouth:

Try again please, I reduced it.

2 Thanks

:+1:

1 Thank

Looks good! Going to take some time getting used to the differences but that will come with a bit of usage.

Thanks for all the hard work you did migrating BLF :grinning:

Hey am I the first poster to the migrated site? :thinking:

a
EDIT:
Okay, I was able to post a single character, so that minor problem is fixed.
Thanks, sb! :yum:

1 Thank

A warm welcome to you!

Looks like that honor goes to

phouton beat me by about an hour, and others beat me to the punch as well.
:face_in_clouds:

Thanks for your hard work with the migration, @sb56637! I’m sure we’re getting used to the new system after some time.

In other communities I’ve experienced some changes in social interactions after the migration to discourse. Mostly to the bad side. I don’t know why, but suddenly there were many new users, people up and down voted, then they noticed it’s easy to hide any post by flagging it (if you have a high enough trust level from many posts). So people started trying to reach a higher trust level as fast as possible to be able to edit and delete their posts, hide other posts and at some point even get some low-level mod permissions!

There are also like buttons. @sb56637 could also enable more feedback buttons like :heart:, :tada:, :rofl: or even the hated :-1:.

2 Thanks

@sb56637 Any chance to restore the old post counter? :slight_smile:

1 Thank

good job SB! Thanks for all the hard work!

I am getting some weird behaviors.
Firefox insists on the old forum most of the time, but went to the new one a couple times. I allowed notifications but not Firefox will only view the old forum.
But it still gets new forum notifications somehow!

Chrome went new forum, then old forum for hours and just now new forum.
I assume it will go back to old forum soon.
What is the DNS number of the new forum so i can come here directly?

The IP address of the new server is 5.161.81.229 right now.

1 Thank