[Updated 2023-02-10] Migration complete

I was able to use the Password Reset and logged in fine. Great job!

1 Thank

@weklund
Your email address that you used to register a long time ago is no longer valid. Please contact me at this email address:

email

It looks like Yahoo / AOL / Verizon email havenā€™t updated their records yet and are rejecting email from this new server. Iā€™ll let you know when to try again.

Hey, the new forum/website works! :upside_down_face:

2 Thanks

budgetlightforum.com is now directing here for me
Also, Iā€™m getting emails fine with gmail.

1 Thank

I reset password and logged in to new BLF. No issues here.

I immediately switched to dark theme. Looking good so far, and I like the mobile friendly interface.

2 Thanks

Same here.
The dark theme looks amazing.
The light theme seems to have too much contrast, but Iā€™m not going to use light theme so itā€™s a non-issue for me.

2 Thanks

Flashlight afficionados using a dark themeā€¦ Iā€™ll never understand it. :smiley:

2 Thanks

It is only in darkness that we can enjoy the light lol

1 Thank

Well, here I am. :grinning: And there yaā€™ll areā€¦ :wink:

1 Thank

Flashlight afficionados not pointing LEDs at themselvesā€¦ is what Iā€™d expect. :wink: Dark theme all the way!

Btw, the ā€œBLFā€ heading/link at the top left has a blue highlight when in a thread. Intentional?

1 Thank

More or less, itā€™s just a picture.

I went with ā€œDarkā€ too. At least for a while. I use dark on most devices that offer it as long as it remains easy to see/use. :ballot_box_with_check: :checkered_flag:

1 Thank

Ah, itā€™s an image with a blue background, thatā€™s why. Meanwhile, the 3 flashlights picture has a transparent background.
Anyway itā€™s not a big deal. More than enough work for one day!

1 Thank

I like how this thread is stickied:

Thatā€™s pretty useful for any big announcements. :exploding_head:

2 Thanks

We can post pictures directly now? :exploding_head:

2 Thanks

2023-02-11, 03:23 GMT

It looks like the problem has been resolved with Yahoo email and possibly with AOL / Verizon / Charter too. Please give it another try. Thanks for your persistence!

1 Thank

I see a possible (small) problem.
Any post on Discourse must be at least 20 characters.
What if I just want to post an emoji?
I canā€™t do that right now.
:open_mouth:

Try again please, I reduced it.

2 Thanks

:+1:

1 Thank