[Updated 2023-02-10] Migration complete

Yes as far as I know. What happens when you try?

OK it looks like it’s because your migrated user account was still considered as “new”, and to prevent spammers from posting “Great post!” and then later editing it to add a link, new users can’t edit their posts after X amount of time. I just upgraded your account permissions, please try again. Under normal circumstances a user would be be automatically granted more permission as they continue to use the site without posting spam.

Well, there was no edit icon on migrated post, but now it’s visible, did you just enable it ?

edit : I see, indeed it works now

Re edits…. When I look at that post I made this AM link I see an edit icon. And I was able to edit that post. However, when I look at an imported post from 4 days ago, I can’t see an edit icon. ???

I am having trouble right now with connecting to my image host, so rather than post a screenshot here I am uploading a screenshot to the BLFDEV.com page… link

I don’t see an edit icon for my posts but I assume SB has to upgrade permissions as he did thefreeman in post 182.

Ah yes… SB reset the individual permissions for ‘the freeman’. I misunderstood.

Right, SIGShooter and MtnDon, it’s just a matter of all user accounts being imported by default as untrusted. I can manually change your account’s trust level if you’d like, but with normal activity on the production migrated forum your account will quickly and automatically move up to a level with less restrictions, including being able to edit any of your old posts.

Even though I have 19,000 posts, my account should never be trusted!

No need to change my trust level. I’ll just wait until the production cutover to become trustworthy :stuck_out_tongue:

:student: Thanks for testing! Really appreciate the feedback.

You will need to do a 20,000 post giveaway to assure this :smiley:

I’m behind the curve but testing this now.
I just went to forgot password and am still awaiting a password reset link

Check spam. That’s where my reset password email went.

Also please make sure you’re using the latest test instance at blfdev.com .

Yes i am on the current site.

No dice:

Can you check on your end SB?

Hmm, sorry for the trouble. I can confirm that Discourse did send out a password reset email to your address. But since your email provider is not mainstream it probably has a very strict policy that simply discards messages from new domains without even advising you. Do you have an alternate email that you could PM me or even create a disposable temporary one somewhere?

So i tried Bort twice, no e-mail, so i tried my super secret second account, username not found.

E-mail address of super secret second account was found (but no e-mail received, checked spam) and e-mail of Bort says:

Could you please PM me a temp email address at this site? https://tempmailo.com

What an interesting website, PM sent.

No worries, such is life, good to iron out these bugs even when its on the user’s end.