[Updated 2023-02-10] Migration complete

Thanks Bort, I switched your email address to the temporary one over on the testbed.

As I mentioned previously, once we migrate the real budgetlightforum.com domain to the new platform I expect mail deliverability will be better than it is now.

everything works

I got the email w the login link and was able to post, edit, and add a picture

all good

And the irony is now my e-mail is working :open_mouth:

There are some weird glitches, BLF PMs here only go back to 2016, but the oldest PM i have here is not on the new site but that does back much further to when i joined.

I can confirm.

I have PM's going back to March 2011 on the new site, but on budgetlightforum.com, they only go back to 2016.

Sorry come again?

Bort and RC: Could you please make sure you're looking for your PMs here on the current site under the "All messages" tab?

https://budgetlightforum.com/messages/list

Also please keep this in mind:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the "All messages" tab.

I now think that everything is fine (for me) on both forums regarding private messages.

So the self deleting squirrel will delete himself again?

That works.
That said there are now older messages on here vs the new forum, the oldest here is 6/3/12 and the oldest on the new forum is Aug 14 2012 :cry:

Could you please try this advanced search (hamburger menu in the Discourse search popup):

They do show up there

Nice! Appreciate you confirming.

For sure.
But is it possible to fix these bugs so that they show up when viewing all?

Is there a skin to make the new forum visually simple like this forum?

I’d be happy to give up upvote ability for it :slight_smile:

The new forum does not show post count under poster’s names like we have here.

Yeah, and my biggest accomplishment in life is my 19,000 posts on BLF!

Seriously, though, I like seeing everyone's post count with each post.

You got over double mine
Though i can finally say my post count is over 9000!

If omitting the post counter would lead to less posts from the kind of person who incessantly posts on BLF because they have nothing better to do, that would be a welcome change. But it probably wouldn’t because they have nothing better to do.

Well your current post count of 1337 has significance :smiley: