Updated 4sevens Atom cr123 options

Morning folks!

I’ve used a 4sevens Atom cr123 light for a while as a area light in my cargo trailer and due to my ongoing obsession with lights, i started wondering if there’s something new to ungrade it to.

For those not familiar, here’s a rundown of the light: single cr123, very compact with no lens-pure flood, exposed neodymium magnetic on the rear so it sticks very well to ferrous metal, 2 modes- low & high via twist cap interface. Est. 180 lumens on high

My question for the group: anything similar out there today runs on a newer more efficient led that takes either a 18350 or 16340 type rechargeable battery with a strong magnet and very floody? Ideally would have a high CRI

Thanks!

Good Morning. I have an Atom AL, so I do understand the feature set you are accustomed to.

You may find the Sofirn SC21 Mini interesting for some of its features. Tailmagnet, USB charging, 16340, 3 modes, efficient regulated driver.

The LED can be changed, and the reflector can be replaced with a more floody Tir lens.

here is an example of a Mini that I modified to Warm White High CRI with a floody lens:

there is also a version w Anduril UI, called SC21 Pro… here is an example of one I modified to High CRI floody cool white:

(the advantage of the Pro model is that the switch button has a green LED, so it is easy to find the light in the dark. The Pro also has a more granular output range, can be fine tuned to more than just 2 or 3 levels)

Here is what the stock Mini and Pro look like, in terms of Tint and beam:

that is a High CRI LED, but it is greener tinted than I prefer, so I change it. It also does not have the floody beam you seek, but that can be changed too.

and here is my Atom AL w stock mule configuration:
hef7R6D
and modified to an Aspheric lens and High CRI neutral white:

If you want me to modify a Sofirn SC21 Mini or SC21 Pro for you, I can do that, for a modest fee. Feel free to send me a private message to explore options.

Sofirn needs a “JS” line of lights!
Atom is/was a very well done light.

1 Thank

Does the Sofirn sc21 mini take a 20mm lens hy chance?

yes, I like this 30 degree yajiamei for 3535 LEDs such as 519a and 219b swaps. I delete the glass lens, reflector and centering ring when swapping to Tir.

The bottom opening of the Tir does grind on the corners of the LED die and can create some shavings that need to be cleaned out if the tightening or loosening the bezel causes the Tir to rotate with the bezel.

When tuning the bezel it is helpful to apply finger pressure on the Tir, to keep it from rotating, when turning the bezel. And the Hot Symbol on the bezel will not line up over the switch anymore, because the bezel will tighten almost half a turn tighter.

The top face of the Tir is still sitting against the O ring that was beween the glass and the bezel, so afaik the light retains the stock water rating.

Stock SC21 Pro firmware has a lowest mode of 0.2 lumens. I reflash the firmware to gain the lower lows of 0.02 lumens that also exist in the Wurkkos TS10. I use the file called anduril.2022-10-12.sofirn-sc21-pro.hex from gchart. And I use the flashing adapter he sells for SC21 Pro (not same pin layout as the programmer he sells for TS10)

if anyone wants to learn to reflash, the simplest way is to use Zflasher, which requires an Android phone. Here is an excellent video from liquidretro showing the process.