UPDATED - Budget Sodacan Comparison - Convoy 3x21B vs Sofirn Q8 Plus/Astrolux EC06 vs Lumintop GT3

This is an updated comparison from 4 months ago. Main changes are the fixed runtime grapths, because before the time for each flashlight would be much too short that what it should be.

Enjoy!

Here’s a comparison that I’ve been working on for a while.

EC06 and 3x21B both have integrated charging and run on 3x21700. GT3 does not and runs on 4x18650.

In the EC06 and 3x21B I’m using flat cells with a Convoy adapter (it needed to be modified to fit the EC06).

All of them have a tripod mount, but only the EC06 fits on my tripod well. The flashlight body is flat on its whole length. On the other flashlights the head is wider than the body, which makes them hard to screw onto the wide flat plate of my tripod.

• EC06 runs Anduril 2 (2C from ON → Turbo),
  • GT3 runs Anduril UI,
  • 3x21B uses the standard Convoy E-Switch UI.

“Cooled” runtime involved blowing air the flashlight with a USB-C medium-sized fan.

Shape and size:

Beamshots:

Runtimes:

I took the maximum lumen values from 1Lumen and Zeroair, as I don’t have the right equipment to measure output. For the 3x21B, I took it from u/Tirarcova 's review. They tested a 4000K variant at 7500lm, so I decided upon 8000lm in my 5000K model.

I used Samsung 40T cells in the 3x21B and EC06. VTC6 in GT3. (more runtime could be achieved with 5000mAh 21700 cells)

Measured throw:

I’m not sure how accurate my throw measurments are for the GT3 and EC06 because of their quick stepdowns. I wasn’t able to measure ANSI @30s for them because of that. Measured at 6.34m.

5 Thanks

So which one is the winner or are they about the same.

Thanks for detailed comparison!
To me Convoy seems to be the winner - gives You 2000lm stable output. Shame Convoy doesn’t use Anduril…

Q8 Plus is the winner for me because of the best tripod mount, 21700 cells, adapter that I made fit and Anduril 2.

GT3 has the 4x18650 cell configuration, Anduril 1 and looks better, so that might be why someone might prefer it. No build-in charging.

3x21B has the best driver, comes with a ready to use adapter for flat-top cells, 21700. Least lumens out of all of them, but has similar throw (which results with a tighter beam but with the same range as other option).
The great driver gives it great runtimes and high sustained output. Lower lumen output also makes turbo last a lot longer. Build-in charging and simple UI makes it a great option for most people.

3x21B can also be bought with a wide selection of light temperature (6000K to 3000K).

2 Thanks