[UPDATED M4D deal] Manker “EDC Muscle Combo – BLF Limited”

Vinh applies a clean solder button to the VTC5”D”… It’s not rocket science, loose batteries create too much resistance

Manker 18650 appears not only have a button but a topside Mosfet protection circuit as well which adds to overall length, and states 30a… Perfect fitting cell glad I got one!

FWIW there is no 30A rated 3100mAh battery. It’s also rare for any protection circuit to even allow more than 10-15A. Supposedly Acebeam has a 3100mAh protected “20A” which I also question the true specs of.

It’s probably a decent battery regardless but surely a questionable design choice for the E14 III. Kind of pigeon holes you into their dumb cell or trying to mod something to work better with it.

I can’t decide between –1/8 and –1/4 green filters. Suggestions?

I believe Sony Murata VTC6 comes button top, a higher amp rated battery
I am not ready yet to tear off the Manker wrapper to see what cell is underneath. Maybe after I get some more heat shrink sleeves from Ilimin Supply. The cell does look like it has protected circuit by the extra bulge at top and extra length. Guess I could be wrong, I’m no expert

I have seen VTC4 sold with a protection circuit installed by the reseller, but not for years.

Internal pics and some updates to my E14 III:

Good amount of thermal paste but the slight burr from stamping these PCB’s out needed a little sanding on the bottom. Driver was glued but the glue is very weak. I took tweezers and put them on the flats of the driver and pressed sideways/up a little on each one to break up the glue and it came right out.

Wanted to switch it up a little from my D4 so I went with 2x 3500K (DigiKey) and 2x 5700K (Convoy) and sliced one of each. Too bad they didn’t copy the Noctigon rotated LED pads to clean up the edges of the beam. Went ahead and bypassed the driver spring since I had it out and plan to use unprotected/shorter batteries.

Glamour shots.

Bonus yellow-green tritium installed so I will never forget the original beam.

Spectral measurements on high/turbo with stock lens.

Nice work contractor!

5700k “Convoy” Did you cannibalize a few cheap lights (:

It wouldn’t be the first time but in this case no they sell bare LEDs too

Thanks I did not know… All I’ve seen is the Convoy store, Aliexpress… never searched LEDs

I spent more time hands on as machinist than in electronics. It does not surprise me Manker, or any overseas mfgr, skips deburring process of internal parts, it’s time consuming

Crocus cloth (1500-2000) works nice to clean up soft metal parts. Does not leave behind grit

Is this deal still available?

I received mine and love the green MC13. However the E14 (NW) disappoints me. It’s a bit too green for my taste and dims a bit too quick from turbo (within 15 seconds). I used fresh batteries in both 18350 and 18650 form but that didn’t change brightness much, and the step down is just as quick.

My FW3A (with SST20 4000K) is brighter on turbo and that’s with 3 emitters vs 4.
I also have 2 Convoy SST40 5000K flashlights (S2+ and S21B) and they both are brighter than the NW E14. I have Lh351d in 5000k (SP36 BLF) and in 6000k (FC11) and both are better than these 4000k.

Needless to say, I’m going to pass the E14 to a friend or family member. For edc, nothing beats my copper & aluminum 18350 FW3A.

Oh and the GITD gasket in E14 is nothing compared to the turboglow gasket for my fw3a. Yes, it was an extra $10 vs free for E14, but I was expecting a bit better glow and glow duration on E14.

Got my set today.

What I like:
-Superb build quality and fit/finish
-UI miles better vs older manker lights
-They get hot! Which means less severe step down
-Included 18350 cell performs and charges nicely
-Clicky feedback better than most e-switch specially the FW3A.
-E14 III has THE BEST clip I have seen from a budget light.

What I don’t like:
-Green… should’ve gone with the CW instead. Planning a swap since the tint isn’t particularly pretty even without the green.
-Not a con, but would’ve been nice if the 18650 also came with USB-C charging.

Despite the tint, the E14 III earns a place alongside other higher end stuff in my EDC pouch.

:beer:

Got mine a few days ago and still messing around with them. Can you buy the 18350 tube by itself? I cant find it on the Manker site. Thanks

Very nice with the Lee Zircon 803 1/4 minus green. I discovered that isopropyl alcohol is an effective solvent to remove the tint on the filter.

Do you use Norland 61… Source USA?
Edit: is that a new light blue color vial?

SKV89, Let us know how M13vn W2.1 Boosted measures up, and watch out for the Fuzz!

Yellow Red Orange White Blue, source mixglo, yes norland

I bought this set on September 16th.
Mankerlight order # 4528.
I received a track number and began to wait.
Track number didn’t work. But in the early days this usually happens. So I wasn’t worried.
I was waiting. It took 10 days, but the track number did not work.
It took 20 days, but the track number didn’t work.
It took 24 days and I decided to write to them. It was October 10th.
Mankerlight didn’t answer me anything.
But my track number suddenly started working (it was the same track number that I had before).
And I saw the information: “October 10 - accepted at the post office.”
They only sent the item to me after a month ! And only after I reminded them of my existence !

They just took the money and forgot about me.
I have not received any apologies from them.
The impression is that they do not care about buyers.
I know a lot of people are buying from Mankerlight and the deal is OK.
But I want everyone to know that the Mankerlight deal could go very differently.

I will advise all my friends NEVER BUY FROM Mankerlight.

Ordered and paid September 10, but due to “no shipping option” according to their email response, it’s already 1 month now, and they still cannot ship out my order. :frowning: