[UPDATED M4D deal] Manker “EDC Muscle Combo – BLF Limited”

So, do you all have glass in the E14 III? I already wrote to Manker that my flashlight came without it, but I haven’t received a reply yet.

@ Lux-Perpetua :beer:

@ goshdogit :beer:

Thank you friends, you are 100% right.

Your photo of E10 optics tells everything.
The shape of that ‘mark’ is completely the same as I visualised how it would be looked after disassembling the top.

My order still not yet shipped out… :frowning:

I think Manker is not interested in selling to Philippines-based flashaholics… :frowning:

Received today. Impressed with quality. Will check the light tonight.
Thanks again, Martin and Manker!

Is it worth to use high discharge batteries (e.g. SONY VTC6) with MC13 and E14?
What batteries do you recommend?

Thanks!

Mine looks exactly like this. It appears to be chipped. It doesn’t seem to be affecting the light, but I’m not 100% sure.

Two of my three tubes have rattling tail switches. In you pocket you can hear them click and rattle every once in a while. Does anyone know how to take them apart and make them ‘tighter’ so they don’t rattle?
Thanks

MC13 is not picky on cells

E14III will benefit from high discharge

I also am missing glass in my E14iii, I didn’t notice until you mentioned it the other day and then I checked. I’ve send Manker a message but don’t expect them to reply until after the 8th. Hopefully they can just send out the glass.

Thanks Martin.
SONY VTC6 18650 and VAPCELL INR18350 were chosen :slight_smile:

As Martin already mentioned, MC13 is not very demanding in terms of current. Any battery that can sustain 5A should be okay. Samsung 29E for instance is a very cheap but great battery here. Concerning E14 III, the more powerful, the better. Best results will be achieved, e.g. with Sony Murata VTC5A, Samsung 25S or Molicel P26A.

Those batteries are all sold as short flat tops. Without additional spring pressure I would imagine you may not see the full gains from those low resistance batteries. Just my .02 though

Thank you Lux!
Ordered couple of batteries and Vapcell S4+

I'm very sensitive to green tint so I got rid of it by installing a UCL lens and Lee 249S Quarter Minus Green Filter. Here are my measurements:

Manker E14 III stock lens mid 141 lumens 4262K 0.0081 DUV 91.8 CRI Blue light relative amplitude 1.00 66.7 R9 68.0 R12 91 Rf 98 Rg included 18350 battery
Manker E14 III UCL lens mid 141 lumens 4225K 0.0065 DUV 92.4 CRI Blue light relative amplitude 1.00 69.6 R9 69.2 R12 91 Rf 99 Rg included 18350 battery
Manker E14 III UCL lens w/ LEE 249S 1/4 minus green filter mid 119 lumens 3914K -0.0010 DUV 97.7 CRI Blue light relative amplitude 0.98 88.4 R9 93.3 R12 94 Rf 102 Rg included 18350 battery
Manker E14 III UCL lens w/ LEE 249S 1/4 minus green filter Turbo 1,686 lumens 3983K -0.0027 DUV 96.8 CRI Blue light relative amplitude 0.98 85.4 R9 86.1 R12 94 Rf 103 Rg included 18350 battery

DUV dropped a bit with the UCL lens and obviously much more with the LEE filter. Output dropped about 16% with the filter, which is not bad at all and is likely brighter and more efficient than SST-20 95CRI. On turbo it dropped closer to 18%. Without the green and a nice neutral tint, it is now a very usable light.

I don’t see any mention of LVP on either product page. I expect that means not and will require vigilant awareness of the SoC.

I’m pretty sure the E14 III has LVP, because it’s certainly behaving as though it does on mine. And even though it doesn’t say specifically that it has LVP, it does say

3. Low battery indicator:
Voltage <3.2V, the brightness level downshifts to Moonlight.
Voltage = 2.9V, turn off.

So I’m pretty sure that means it has LVP

I missed that because I was searching the page for “low voltage,” appreciate your seeing that for me. That’s good news, an unexpected step down is an acceptable indicator of low voltage, but it would be nicer if it was listed in spec what it was doing. I am sure someone will take the time to figure it out and post the specific details eventually (like, that step down will occur at 3.2V or 2.8V or whatever, and light will shut off at xV).EDIT: sorry I didn’t read closely enough, have comprehension issues here… all the details are right there. I would call that LVP. Excellent. Thank you!

Okay so I will say first and foremost I like both lights and I am very appreciative to have been included in the group buy. Second how hard would it be to change out the switch with something that takes more pressure to activate. I use the clip and I am still several times a day lighting up my britches. I have a fw3a and do not have this problem.

Maybe it is just mine that has a very light switch? I could lockout or turn the body. I was just curious if anyone else had this happen yet. I really like the UI and overall design.

Any measurements on the kcd of the MC13?
Thanks!