[UPDATED M4D deal] Manker “EDC Muscle Combo – BLF Limited”

Yeah. I can barely see the green with 1/8 on low. It’s gone on medium/high/turbo. My SC64c LE looks greener on low. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nichia E21A 4500k - I have these in my D4v2 and love them. I almost can’t even use the E14 III now….even though the UI is wonderful. If only they’d used the E21As…

does removing the green GITD gasket make a difference to your eyes?

i _may_ see less green without it - but i am not easily bothered by the green (as long as i do not operate 2 flashlights at the same time)

E14III NW still looks very green without the GITD gasket.

I tried:

- removing the GITD gasket (still looked very green)

- removing the glass (still looked very green)

• removing the optic and glass (still green but less focus…)

1/8 minus green filter helped get rid of most of the extra green.

Same here. The switch button has quite some play, wiggling when slightly touching it and sometimes making some loud click noise when pushed. Has anyone tried to take the tailswitch apart? It seems it's not possible to dismantle the tailcap from the tube.

https://i.imgur.com/xwLs30n.jpg
^ E14III NW

Does one of the LEDs look damaged?

IMHO, all four LEDs look fine. There's some small amount of debris under the optic but more or less negligible. You will most likely not notice anything of it in the beam.

I had another look without the optic. One LED looks a little duller than the others when on the lowest two modes. But the beam is ok.

The debris is probably my fault. The little green bit near the bottom right looks like it’s just due to the angle that I took the photo. It disappears when I move the camera slightly to the left or right.

MC13 optic looks so nice :smiley:

Did you run these LEDs on a very low mode when you noticed irregular brightness among them? It seems to occur more often than I thought as I noticed these things on some other brands, too. However, when turning up brightness (= current), all LEDs were at the same brightness. Of course, I did not look into the beam with my bare eyes. :-D But a camera at underexposed settings would normally reveal any differences in brightness. In a nutshell: Please try comparing the brightness of all four LEDs at higher currents. Chances are good that everything will be okay.

M4X is correct, as long as not crossing beams the green is not that noticable, outdoors anyway. Indoors, in my shop that’s another story…
So I got some Lee minus green on order. Tho not sure about my ability to cut-out circles by hand, but I’ll give a shot…

Ps I think Nichia has spoiled many of us, me for one (:

Just for some reference, this is from this reddit post, about the LH351D with a 804 minus green. LH351D is a Winner

Just received mine today. Fit and finish is very good. Threads are excellent. Put a Lee 1/8 minus green in the E14 III right away. Will Test the MC13 after work tonight. Pretty happy so far!
I ended up opening the tail to see how they went about the electronic switch. Neat design.

My set arrived a couple days ago. I got the white MC13 and neutral E14 III with batteries and a spare 18650 tube. I don’t mind that the serials don’t match, and FWIW both are near 100 for the last 3 digits.

I’m impressed with the build quality and performance. :+1:

The switches on all three tubes feel great. They have no slop or rattle and are activated easily even at the edges of the buttons.

My MC13’s bezel was very tight but not glued, and there’s a glass lens in front of the optic.

The MC13 feels great with the 18650 tube. The shape is like an Emisar D1S that was shrunken and left in a rock tumbler. :partying_face:

I like the pocket clips, but kinda wish the 18650 tube had the screw-on style clip for really deep carry. The slip-on clip is nice though, and rotates without much resistance and doesn’t seem to be scratching the anodizing inside the groove.

My E14 III doesn’t scream “GREEN!” to me, and my favorite emitter is the rosy Nichia 219b sw45k. FWIW, I’ve tried the LH351D a few times in different lights, and I don’t love them. I assumed I would be swapping them when I ordered the set.

I removed the glow gasket and saw that my E14 III has a glass lens in front of the optic.

The charging LED on my 18350 cell glows green very faintly all the time. I’m sure the drain is negligible, but I wonder if it will change color as it’s discharged?

Initially, I wasn’t planning on ordering the set because I already have the AceBeam E10 and AceBeam L17 with the same optic. I watched this video by Vinh and his enthusiasm about the performance and UI convinced me to try them. I’m glad I ordered them.

Thank you Manker and Martin for the special bundle! :+1:

Thanks for the photo, KyleGates! :+1: I was curious about what was inside there.

Those empty pads kinda look like they’re for LEDs. I wonder if there are more empty pads for resistors on the other side of the board?

EDIT: No, there aren’t. :smiley:

Yeah. I used the lowest and second lowest mode. I tried a higher mode and the brightness looked the same across all four. :slight_smile:

Im stoked to try mine tonight, 28 days to arrive but finally both sets arrived. they sure look good on initial inspection. Glad i got the Batteries and the extra 18650 bodies for both sets. :smiley:

Got mine in, thanks M4D M4X and Manker for this deal.

I took out my glow gasket, and my E14III looks good to go for tint (NW). It’s slightly green to me on a wall, but seems fine in a dark room looking around.

The MC13 in White is impressive. Tight beam for sure.

The UI is great, really like the new UI over the last one they had.

Update: took the dog on a long walk with both of the lights. Really happy with them. The E14III feels great with the 18650 tube and the MC13 with the 18350 type is just silly for the amount of throw it has, in such a small light….

Hi BLF,
Finally I got mine.
But I have a question to all owners of MC13.
Does your flashlight have “a crack” in an optics like on the pictures?

Unfortunatally, I expect that the answer is no. I hope that deal packs are also under the warranty.

Best Wishes

Yours does not look very much different than mine. Martin "M4DM4X" mentioned it here and Acebeam's E10 and L17 have the same "marks" as you can see here. These TIR lenses are made in big batches, probably by injection molding. I did not notice any artifacts in the beam of my MC13. My green Acebeam L17 has the same mark on the optic's rim and no artifacts either. After all, it's just a small cosmetical imperfection that cannot be avoided with these optics.

As Lux-Perpetua said, the small mark is normal on these optics. It’s an effect of the manufacturing process and does not affect performance.

The optics of my AceBeam E10, AceBeam L17, and Manker MC13 all have these marks.

Here’s a close-up photo I took of my E10 optic.

Carclo details the ‘gate crop’ on the datasheets for their optics. It is very visible in their triple and quad optics, like the ones in the Emisar D4 and Lumintop FW3A.

Here’s the datasheet for Carclo’s 30mm TIR, similar in design to the optic in the MC13.