Upgrade Version! SKYRAY King Real 3000 Lumens 4x CREE XM-L2 T6 LED 3-Mode Flashlight(Special Offer)

has anyone gotten one of these kings? I am looking at buying but want to make sure it has the “good” driver

Lol the price is fair and good.
It is better to pay 5 extra dollars and get xml2…

I’m with you there. Love my Black CNQG U2 (3 emitters) and looking for a better version of it, close to 3000 OTF would be nice…surely 4 emitters of xml2’s can go close? That’s only 750 lumens per emitter, some single 18650’s put out over 1000 lumens per emitter…

So you bought one, right?

i doubt youll get 3000 otf even with xml2 stock king

my guess is 2600… i think the old 3 emitter ones are around 2200-2300… added another emitter yes but probably lower current and slightly more efficient

But the TM26 can waaaaaah!
Basically I want small and floody, without the TM26 price tag. Surprised the SRK isn’t getting close yet.

black shadow terminator - 3500 lumens - around $100-115

If the handle was removable I’d consider it, I just want something really small and really floody, something that doesn’t take up much space in an overnight bag…what emitters are in Terminators these days to produce 3500 lumen?
According to goinggear.com the U2 produces 3500 lumen, with the U3 producing 7% more = 3745 lumens, pretty amazing light

i had the u3 version for a while… output was impressive, but pwm on low modes made me sell it as fast as i possibly could.

Mine should be here soon. So far the seller has shipped fast, now waiting on USPS…

My Amazon King 3-T6 version went on the fritz. It would auto turn on after 5 minutes. Work called so light sent back to Amazon for fast refund as no time to mess with it. I should have recorded my DSLR settings to compare light output.

October 19, 2013

Depart USPS Sort Facility .

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 19, 2013 , 2:07 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility .

SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

October 19, 2013 , 11:11 am

Processed Through Sort Facility .

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment .

October 16, 2013 , 8:16 am

Processed Through Sort Facility .

SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

October 15, 2013 , 3:48 pm

Acceptance - CHINA

Purchased… Better be good :slight_smile: hopefully real XML2 and brighter than the 3xml

Would love a comparison between the CNQG 3x XML U2 black version (apparantly 2200 OTF)

why get this 4xml2 king when theres a 6xml2 available now. theres a thread on this. cant seem to find it though….i just seen it yesterday too.
think it was sold on ebay

FastTech has them for $42

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10006531/1502101-6xl2-6-cree-xm-l2-t6-3-mode-4200lm-led-flashlight

6XL2 6*Cree XM-L2 T6 3-Mode 4200LM LED Flashlight

SRK 6xCree Golden $34.43 (After Code “WALLBUYSALLMAGIC”):

SRK 6xCree Black $34.43 (After Code “WALLBUYSALLMAGIC”):

Edit: These are XML

I thought I read in that thread, that the conclusion was that the 4X xml was better than the 6X xml. Or at least that’s the way I saw it.
It took awhile but I finally found that thread: SkyRay 6-XM-L - Battle Of The Kings - BeamShot Image updates! post #25 for beam shoots.

There are several factors you need to consider when just stuffing more and more emitters in a compact flashlight like this. For starters, there is only a small area where heat can be dissipated, therefore if the 6xXML were driven as hard as the 3 or 4xml lights, it would overheat in a matter of minutes. Another aspect is that you have smaller reflectors with more emitters in the same space, hence having less throw. IMHO, 4XML is as many as you’d want to go so the emitters can be driven decently without turning the torch into a hot coal.

Unfortunately, when I went to buy the King from FF (CNQG), the XML2 was out of stock, so I just got the standard XML T6. It should be here in the next week, but this XML2 flashlight will take a while since I just purchased it. I have little doubts it will be an easy 600-800lm brighter. I will do comparison beamshots when I get them both.

My real curiosity is the quality of this host in comparison to the ‘Real Thing’ at Fancy Flashlights… http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=442

Silver button" or "Red button "can be customized,choose color,

Can anyone that has purchased post their impressions on this light? Good driver? Does it heat up quickly? Much brighter than 3xXML Kings? How about the tint?

Cheers