Upgraded Thorfire s70s

Nice find The Miller & excellent price for an S70 :+1:
Pity I already have 2 or else I would purchase.
4000 odd lumens XHP70 light for $34 :slight_smile:
I am trying to resist buying lights at the moment & my next purchase should be the 3 x Q8”s I have ordered :+1:

Is it an S70 or inferior clone?

I would say that it is a genuine S70.
I have seen several sellers advertising them unbranded & also several sellers advertising them with different branding such as Sofirn (who I think are somehow linked to Thorfire).
I only paid $34 for my genuine Thorfire branded S70s so the price is not really suspicious.

Thanks

As I said if I didn”t already have an S70 & an S70s I would be pulling the trigger :wink:
4000 lumen XHP70 light for $34 is a no brainer as far as I am concerned & exactly the same price as some us bought Thorfire branded S70s” for on Aliexpress a few months ago :+1:

AFAIK right now the best price for S70S is from Freeme Coupon Club :

Finally ordered my first S70, actually the S70S here for $41.61 with the $2 off: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ThorFire-S70S-Waterproof-XHP70-LED-Flashlight-3960-lm-6-modes-Long-Distance-Searchlight-for-Camping-S70/32791830137.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.ayfHlb

Now it's price is listed a little bit higher at $45.90.

Never found out what the freeme deal was, but figure this has to be close. Didn't know bout the $34 deal though - that price is really incredible.

I received my S70S about a week ago, getting about the same price as you did, Tom E. I am quite happy with it, and after reading about others quibbles with the UI, I was a little apprehensive. However, I really like the arrangement, it is simple and works perfectly for my uses. I haven’t been able to stretch its legs yet, but hopefully will in the next few days.

Anyone else measure the parasitic drain? Just got my S70S today and measured 4.37 mA -- wayy too high. Should really be in the range of 200-300 uA even with the switch LED on. I posted over in this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45722 - made the measurement for Marsalla.

I don't think they designed this driver to be run only off the e-switch. Could you turn off the older S70 by the e-switch? I don't have one.

The original s70 is turned on and off at the tail, the eswitch is for mode switching only.

A rough calculation using 5,000 mah batteries shows a complete discharge in just 47 days.

Hey guys I just fired up my new s70s from Elfeland outdoor lighting through AliExpress after………53 days of shipping. Anyway ever works perfect except I can’t get a moonlight move to show up. Anything special to make it appear or is it just likely a screw up?

press&hold from OFF - think it's the only way.

Tom you are the man. Thanks a lot, turns out this light even had a little folded document inside the box that explained everything. It’s amazing that I am so used to no instructions from Chinese manufacturers that I don’t even look anymore. My bad
Thanks again
-Joey

How much drain does the green indicator led cause? How long till it drains the batteries?

Had a weird thing happen. It was green for weeks and then I used the light for a couple of minutes. It slowly turned orange over the day but when I clicked the tailcap off and on it reset to green and has remained that way for weeks now.

Could be as low as 50 uA or as high as 200-300 uA, all depends. Also there is parasitic drain from the MCU and driver electronics. If well designed, could be 5 uA to 30uA or so. Bad design - much higher. Not sure I measured it.

Here you go.

I don’t think the switch led uses much power at all, but the driver uses a lot. If you using 5,000mah cells it should completely drain them in 48 days. This light should not be kept on all the time. It’s better to click the tail switch when not in use so the batteries don’t drain.

Hallo guys,

I would like to ask you. I would like to order Thorfire S70S, but I need as long thrower beam as possible. I tried to find some topics here about smooth reflector, but I did not. Is there some possibility as with Convoy L6, to change the reflector? Or, tried to some one, if smooth reflector for Convoy L6 will fit for ThorFire?
Thank you very much.

The S70S and L6 are not designed to be long throwers. These lights have big hotspot and decent throw of maybe 500 to 550 meters. So maybe 500 usable feet.

The L6 smo reflector does fit the S70S. This shrinks the hot spot size a little and gives a little extra throw.

There are other lights out there that give 2 or 3 times that throw distance by using a smaller hotspot.