US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

>>>>> At a 3A load they self-heated to around 50C. The cells were at 3.5V out of the pack.

Well, maybe yours were worn out, which produced high resistance, because these blue ones are fine. No appreciable heat. Didn’t go above room temp, even using them in an hd 2010 with the 18650 adaptor. Although they don’t seem to last as long as the tan LG 2200s. But thanks a lot for the tip. It’s always good to hear from folks who have used some of these weird batteries I turn up.

I’m going to have to do a pack-pull giveaway. I’m being buried. I have like 200 at this point. Time to thin the herd. Sorry for the off-topic post again.

Use inventory checker to find the closest HD that has LESS than 35. That means they are on display. I just checked Bristol, they still have 23 left. That is only 7 less than when I got my 2 a week ago

http://checkinventory.home.comcast.net/

Enter the SKU (639226) and Store # and see who has what

Thx

Thx

Just picked up mine from Anchorage HD. Tonight… testing it and if I like it possibly one more. (They still had 4 in town and all 35 in the valley.)

I couldn't fight the urge and picked one up today (I so badly need ANOTHER flashlight).

It's a nice looking light. I'm looking forward to checking it out tonight.

I tried mine last night and was hugely impressed, both with the light output (positive) and the size (negative). It’s like carrying around a lead-filled baseball bat. Light would be 70% smaller if it took a single 18650. So now how to build a spacer contraption to use a 18650. Although to be honest, because of the size, I wonder how often I will get out the hand cart to take this thing for a walk. Reminds me unplesasntly of the 4 d-cell Mag light days.

But darn, for the price, it’s a great thrower!!!

The dual-cell Small Sun (whose number I can never remember) slightly beat it out. When the C cells started to sag a bit, the ke-5 and a fandy fire v3 tied with it, or maybe slightly bested it. Almost full moon last night was playing havoc with my long-distance estimates. I have a new behemoth Ultrafire 001 (Fandy Fire V6 clone) that I would like to pit it against tonight, if I can get out before the moon gets too high.

After all the research and online buys, after comparing reviews word for word, comparing charts of integrated sphere results; after I think I have some of the best lights in the world, I get beat by a Home Depot sale light!!! ARGGGGHHHH!!! :–0

Well at least some of my almost-as-bright 18650 lights are less haevy than a boat anchor! :wink:

One more use for the $22 wunder light!

Yeah it is really big. Looks like it is going to live in the hunting truck, with a few sets of batteries.

Search this topic. I know it is long (250+ posts) and you can not read every one, but we have already converted this light to Direct Drive for even more output, lowered internal resistance and I have personally converted mine to a single 18650. All 3 of this mods increased output even more.

You know, I was just thinking, last year the light of the year might have been the HD2010, at least it was for me. This year it just might be this light, we could call it the HD2013, where HD stands for Home Depot!

>>>>>and I have personally converted mine to a single 18650. All 3 of this mods increased output even more.

I did see the direct drive mod but missed the 18650 spacer directions. Thanks a ton. I was literally out the door with the tube in my pocket to go back to HD to see waht I could piece together for a 18650 spacer and sleeve. You made it SO much easier. I can just go in there with your picture and item list and be home and working on it in 15 minutes instead of pawing through parts bins and dowels over there for hours, trying to pick the right DIY bits. Thanks. I’m off to HD with your plans!!!

You even gave lengths. My kinda modder. Man, I HATE vague directions. :wink:

I missed the 18650 mod too. Where? Thanks in advance.

>>>> Where?

comment 216 from +MASTER+ modder dchomak.

OK was playing with this last night, this things is crazy… Lighting up a water tower two blocks away on a foggy night…

May have to look in to getting a second one just so I can play with it and see what I can do to get a bit more power out of it.

:bigsmile:

Gotta stop coming to this forum, Tongue Out I stopped at Home Deopt in Tyler and could not resist buying another one of these darned lights! I just have to put an SST-90 in it. I need to see if it's better to use a 4C body or a 3D body on it. If I do a 4C, then I can use 4 C NiMHs and if I do a 3D, I can use 12AA Eneloops. Just have to do some measuring and see how it can all fit together.

There's still 34 of them in the Tyler HD, in case anyone needs one...

Dang you GarryWink

I was in the local HD again today and not 1 of these lights has sold. OL, you might be surprised, I know I was, but Ni-Mh C cells have about the same energy density as Li-Ion cells. They are actually not a bad choice for high powered flashlights.

Oh, I like the NiMH C and D cells, it’s just the price I don’t like. Of course if I stopped to look at the cost of Eneloops… But then again, I’ve already got a bunch of those.

i paid about $16 shipped for 4 tenergy premium c cells… from amazon… they are very good cells imo - easily handle 14 plus continuous amps

Would anyone be interested in buying and shipping one to Australia? I will pay by PayPal and cover there costs

I’ll look if we have any at the HD nearby.

I took mine out last night and man is it a thrower! I, actually like the fact that it has a big fat (baseball bat) feel to it. Darn nice light for just over $20 (and I didn't have to wait for it to be shipped from HK).