US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

I finally got a second one from a HD in Costa Mesa, Calif. Manager who spent 30 minutes looking for them (and found thge display already set up in plumbing) said that they just came in yesterday. He remembered opening the box so that was why he positively knew they were in the store.

I said that other stores have had them since Jan. 10. That may be, the guy said, but his came in yesterday morning. I pointed out that the online checker has had them in his store at least for several weeks. He just shrugged and said “what can I tell you? They weren’t here until yesterday morning.”

Soooooooooooo … Even more confusion added to the existing confusion. Are they not in stock when the stock checker says they’re in stock???

Anyway, two other HDs out of the six in my area are now showing reduced stock, so it appears that some displays are actually on the floor now.

Good thing I am own in Orange County, Calif for a month for more surgery on my knee, or I would have missed this light altogether. Nearest HD to Death Valley is 200 miles round trip.

i found this lens

edit: should be a perfect fit - i just measured the lens - 64.02 x 2.11 mm!

ordered!

Me, too.

I have finally decided what i am doing with mine, and I will be placing an order with intl outdoor later this evening

this driver

this emitter

this lens

resistance mod

teflon wires

i do not have a t5 5c1 in my collection yet - after some careful thinking - this mod is NOT going to be a 10 billion lumen de-domed super freight train goliath infinite warrior sword +5 beating stick of doom (like most of my other mods…. i already have an xml2 t6 hd2010 and dont feel like waiting a month for someone to restock)

this is going to be a nice, conservative, well regulated neutral thrower… no drama, no pushing the envelope… just a nice light :slight_smile:

Good luck holding yourself to that, with this light I think it needs at least 4 amps. ;)

wouldnt that be too much without using an after market heat sink? i guess one could solder fill the pill… i have run a xml on aluminum at 4.2a with no problems… and that was in a p60

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/xml-multicell-circuit-board-35a-ouput-55126v-p-543.html

this driver is nice and will take 2x 18650 no problem

Has anyone seen a lens for this flashlight with cheaper shipping to Australia?

Purchased two of those lenses. Thanks!!

i just googled 64mm glass optics and that lens was the first that came up… followed by a KD aspheric… gotta love that!

Hi folks,

Ebay seller, phil356-993, just sent an email thanking those who purchased from him. He couldn’t figure out how his entire stock of AR-coated lenses suddenly sold out. I explained the situation to him and he loved the story. Anyway, he plans on shipping them all out in the morning.

Nice find Jmpaul320

i just picked up 2 of these as well about ten minutes ago. hopefully he didn’t sell out before i placed my order.LOL :open_mouth:

Darn, does that mean he is sold out? I was planning on ordering one. ;)

Guys, I’d contact him via ebay and ask. But he only listed 8 and has sold something more than that. I’m sure if you did purchase and he doesn’t have enough, I’m sure he’ll just refund you. Good thing Jmpaul found them because he was going to throw them in the garbage. Just tell him you’re a member of the flashlight forum, he’ll know who you are.

BTW…I don’t know him and tonight was the first time I’ve delt with this seller. He just seemed like a very nice person when corresponding with him.

Guys, I hope I’m wrong. It doesn’t look like a 64mm lens will fit. I’m only using a ruler. So I’m probably not getting a good measurement.

LOL - im glad i grabbed the first one!

I just measured it with a pair of calipers and got 64.11 mm.

yes, i can confirm i measured 64.02 with a caliper

He said my order was #11 & #12, so he obviously has more than the 8 he listed. I am not confident they’ll fit, but I purchased them anyway because I could use them in other lights or a future light. Anyway, I already installed a crystal clear 62mm glass lens in mine, and I’m fine with that.

scaru wrote:

ImA4Wheelr wrote:
Guys, I hope I’m wrong. It doesn’t look like a 64mm lens will fit. I’m only using a ruler. So I’m probably not getting a good measurement.

I just measured it with a pair of calipers and got 64.11 mm.

yes, i can confirm i measured 64.02 with a caliper

Cool. Glass is very unforgiving and it just doesn’t look like it would clear my threads. Sorry for the confusion.

I am so gald I just shipped the last of these lights out! Now I don't have to feel bad about not buying a glass lens, LOL.

jmpaul320 - You know when you put that woosy little T5 in that light, it's going to refuse to turn on, from the shame of it all.Tongue Out