US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

well never know because hes not posting right now lol

He'd probably love to jump in and argue how the LED Maglite is a better buy!

-Garry

Has Lumatic ever posted a picture of one of his purchases? I think he claimed he resold the lights that he bought in quantity, but did he really buy them? If you go back and read his posts, right from the first one, you notice that right out of the shoot, he talked to us all as a group. An US and HIM type of dialog. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed his enthusiasm, but his manner of speech was much like some others we have seen come and go here lately, except he was never vulgar. I enjoyed his presence here, and if it turns out that he was another “identity” of the same person, it would just prove that the effort put out by that person could be directed towards a good cause. Even if it was all a hoax.

He said he would post again BEFORE April 1st. what do you think THAT means.

:slight_smile:

Just got my lenses from Phil the ebay guy… they’re a perfect fit. And they came fast. Woo! (Thanks jmpaul for pointing us to that one.)

And thanks garrybunk for the original heads-up.

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up :wink:

im glad i found them when i did… he said that leica sells them for $60 a pop for a replacement for their surgical microscope

I got my lenses from Phil today too. Excellent fit, great clarity, and excellent packaging. I have no clue how he makes any money on these.

must have been overstock or something… im glad i found them when i did!!

Phil has another satisfied customer, AR lens fits like a glove :wink:

Another happy customer of Phils. Does this glass have coating on one side or both? Meaning can I install it with either side out??

It’s listed as both sides.

Got mine today, I was lucky, and ordered immediately. Nice lens.

Yes it has A/R coating on sides. Hold the lens at a slight angle to a light and depending on the light, you’ll see a purple or green like coating and about 1mm of the edge that is not coated, more of a white reflection. Other side is the same.

Thanks for the order. I’m glad these are arriving already.
Phil

Phil,

You got any more?

I will have. I’m working out safe packing and shipping costs. I kind of under estimated the ones on Ebay and should have an announcement up here tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned.

Phil

People who got the lenses - How big a improvement it shows after switching to these lenses? Please post a before and after comparison.

I’m IN for 2 lenses Phil. I missed the first ones.

I don’t think you’d be able to see the difference with your eyes. But it appears an AR coated lens can add about 5–8 increase in OTF lumens depending on the light.

Thanks. So does it makes the beam more focused? Are there any artifacts in the beam without the lens?