US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

I just got one and it is a winner. In my case the display was right in front of the flashlight section in Home Depot, but the display really could be anywhere in the store. Sometimes they put it in the promotion section, other times by the front end, you never know. Ask the store people for help. Also it is my guess that we are going to see more promotions on the Defiant brand from Home Depot. Home Depot has given a large portion of their flashlight section to the brand and probably is going to run specials like this on items they carry on a regular basis. Thanks Ed.

Been working on an idea of using 10 heads from Defiant Super Throwers on a custom aluminum plate/frame with custom 6- 26650’s in parallel for lots of amps, focusing them all at the same point 1000 meters, driving each XM-L to 3 amps or more, to make a REAL thrower.
Is it worth the custom build ? ( *in my icon…)

YES!This would be very cool(hot actually)!

My HD still has 7 of these in stock at $16.98ea. I'm going to regret it when I finally go back to get a 2nd one and they're gone. At least they are pretty well hidden!

-Garry

I spoke to a manager the other day about them. He said that because the current price (16.98) ends with a numeral other than “0” It could be reduced further in the future. Only prices that end with a “0” are at their final price reduction.
An example would be the 2 pack of Defiant AA lights that went from 14.98 to 11.98 to 7.98 and FINALLY to 5.50

Hmm . . . interesting. Now we know they're secret language!

-Garry

The self checkout lanes have a Price check button. If you have a DST, cut out the UPC and you can check the price at a convenient HD even if they're out of stock. (Since they removed it from the website.) I checked last night, still $16.98

Additionally, HD has an app that allows you to price scan barcodes right in the store.
Make sure it is set to the store you are in to get the price for that store. Lowes and Target also have apps, and all 3 have in store WiFi for those that do not have a smart phone.

Better get there soon Garry!Only 25 posts left till’ 1000! :open_mouth:

Now 24 posts… :party:

DenBarrettSAR, if you go with 7 lights, you can have a super light with a tight formation and a round head. It will still be an impressive sight to behold. I hope you build this monster.

EDIT: 23 posts to go

23 and counting

I just picked up 4 @ $12.00 each

As per my earlier post, because this new lower price ends with a “0” it will be the final markdown price.
Get em while you can.

BTW Garry, this will surely push this topic over 1000. Aren’t you glad it’s now only $12?

only 21 to go…………

Are you sure they'll be $12 in my store? Guess I'll have to check it out Monday.

-Garry

12$…I have to find another store close by that has them.I’m gonna walk up the hill and check the store next to work later, but I have never seen them there.Mabey I’ll drang Wang up with me for good luck?Oh ya, 19 to go Garry!- :smiley:

You probably will have to bring one up to the register to have them scan the price. In CT in all the stores I have been in, no store has ever posted a reduced price for this light, even when it was lowered to 16.98. Same goes for the Defiant 5C light. One reason they have not sold, no one has any idea that they have a reduced price, not even store employees.
BTW, the 5C is still 16.98 at this store.

Nice find Dchomak. Thank you for reporting. Just in the nick of time to because I won't be near another HD until Monday.

I think it is all stores. I tried to look it up on line and none of the stores I checked even have it in the system now. I burned up my whole lunch hour driving out to a far away store to try to find some. I haven't seen any in the store near me is some time now. When I finally asked for help, they could not find SKU in the system. They tracked down an employee that knew some old DOS-type system and found them. Said they had 10 in isle 25. Not there, then someone said they saw them up front. The person up front said there were only like six, but some other employee moved them. This went on for a bit, then one employee spotted them on a high self. She actually spotted the $12.00 sticker. The front of the self was barely reachable by me (I'm 6'1") and the lights were tossed towards the back of the shelf. They were loose and no longer in that display box. I'm pretty sure whoever put them there was hoping no one would buy them.

I found something to step on and grabbed 4. Stealing DenB's idea, I think I may try to make light using 3 or all 4 of them.

See? Sometimes you have to go the extra yard to get what you want. Someone once said “Only fanatics in this world get anything of importance done”

When I first started reading this thread 6 Xm-l light bar build the first thing that came to my mind was why not take the easy way out and bolt 6 - C8 heads on a heat sink and go from there. Now that the DST is only $12 we could use 6 of those!

You guys will laugh at this… I saw someone today about to buy a Mag 3 or 4 D in the tool aisle. I basically dragged him to the clearance rack and forced the Defiant on him. (It was tagged as $16.98, but maybe he got a good surprise at the register.)

Getting mighty close to 1000!

Even closer… :party: