US - Defiant "Super Thrower" 3C (New Model - +/-64mm Head XM-L) - Get To Home Depot Now!

Gary you are a Trendsetter!!!

You might have to start doing interviews on the local TV, then become a internet sensation

Heck, it’s worth the money even if you only use it as a billy club. J) Frankly, I don’t see how they can sell it for $23. It really is a nice light.

Did you happen to get a part number off of the chip on the “driver” board. I think it may be a MOSFET power switch.

Yes it is and to end up for sale in the US is great. I really have to bite the bullet and go get one more, so I can do an SST-90 in it, with a Maglite body, later this year.

You know I was thinking of you doing an SST-90 in one of these!

-Garry

Well please do that, so I don’t have to. My wallet will thank you, LOL.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I have to ask this but did you mean 500 meters?

Nope, that’s miles my friend…… MILES!

A few beam shots of this light using the stock C Alkalines.

quarter

1/4 Second Shutter

half

1/2 Second Shutter

onesec

One Second Shutter

35 yards

35-40 yards

pond 1

Pond baseline shot

pond 2

Pond at 2 seconds shutter About 90 yards

a1

Alley baseline shot About 140 yards

a2

Alley 2 seconds shutter

a3

Alley Zoomed in a little.

The problem with my area is that there are no really dark areas. Too many street lights and ambient light from the area. Still, this is an impressive light as is, especially with Alkalines. I'm lovin it.

Guess I’m heading to some HD’s today to find some of these….may have to get an extra to send to Texas!

I think I'm gonna try to get out there, this light seems to actually be a pretty impressive one.

I’m wondering how much it weighs? I’m really starting to want one…

Thanks for getting those beamshots up O.L.! I'll still try to get around to posting some up. Told ya'll it was impressive! I do wonder if it's even worth modding. I'd hate to spend the effort on a driver and not see any improvement.

I also wonder what that IC is on the driver board and what it does. Any ideas.

-Garry

:)

-Garry

Just got back from HD.They had them on display next to the tool section.I bought two of them and I must say the are pretty good for stock lights….but VERY big!I’m considering pulling the dome off one of the XM-L’s then comparing the change between them.If I screw it up I’m sure I can take it back and exchange for a new one.Hey Scaru, whats the best way to remove the dome?-Rick

:~

I've done two methods: the shave method where you cut it off with a razor blade and simply yanking it off.

-Garry

De-doming might not work with a reflector, the way it does with an aspheric.

Weight? I don't know, but I can tell you it's lighter than a fully loaded Maglite 3D.

The Only gripe I have is that the body tube is too smooth. Kind of hard to grip it. I would want to put some grip tape on it, or a rubber sleeve, for a better grip. Other than that. I don't see a need to mod it. I think that stock, it's a great light for the money. I just mod it because I can.Wink

Here's a photo of the driver, with the numbers on it, for you Pyromaniac!

pyro

OL, is that a sense resister below the IC?I wonder if it can be jumpered with a pot to adjust drive current?I think I am going to just “yank it off” like Scaru suggests and see what happens!I think there are others here that have de-domed emmiters on reflector lights and gotten higher lux at the expense of overall lumens?