Using MULTIPLE lenses - taking the mystery out of it...

When i tried it, i don’t even think i had ever heard of Vinz yet or at least recognised what he had done with lights, i am not sure why i tried it.
It could have been after MEM started dropping hints on what was possible, or probably before that even.

I bought the 12.5mm lens because it fitted the Jexree Mini, and i wanted to try lot of different lenses in that & see if i could do something interesting :), but the aspheric beam looked absolutely horrible in the Jexree Mini, this is the one i described in this thread earlier that looked like a black eye :D.

So i scrapped that idea & dropped it in my Zeusray instead, and it worked so crazy good, bigger,brighter, better colour & felt a bit throwier even. I remember i went out in to the winter night & played with it & had a full on mad scientist belly laugh :bigsmile: because it worked so good. That is why i think i hadn’t read about it before i did it, because i was surprised that it worked so good or even at all.
Of course i had probably picked up the hints somewhere, but i can track from where.

And that is why i really want to crack this puzzle with multiple lens setup’s, i know i has lots of potential, but going to 2-3 or more require much deeper understand to succeed, than dropping a better lens on top of the removed “gel lens” dedomed die. That to me was intuitive, but next step feels so far much much trickier.

one year too late.
i’m in possession of a flash light that uses 5 lenses.
here is the setup up.

here is the beam shot

they are not cheap.
rick

Pic of the flashlight please!
Who made it, manufacturer / brand???

here is the pic.

here is another beam shot
http://postimg.org/image/v736p3zk1/c0cb28fe/
The flashlight is made in south korea. no brand.
they are custom made for their coast guard.
the guy told me he spend $50K for tooling for the lenses.
-r

IIRC a few years back Saabluster was using a similar setup on the Deft flashlight, a small lens nearly on top of the LED and then a very large Secondary lens in the head.