UV LED xpg size

The LED I am referring to is this one, which appears to be different to the one used in your mod. That being said I had not seen your mod before so I think I should read it :) I checked MOuser out - the LED you used is now $75!

Cutter do a cheaper 400nm LED Engin emitter (available to buy individually) at $28.

But the 365nm is the one I, and a few other people I'd imagine, are interested in.

- Matt

wow, that price went up! It was 30 dollars when I bought it, it is now 60! the difference is that the Cutter one is 200mW and the one I used is 800mW.

interesting but it looks its not xp-g footprint,but has the right size.

Nice find Matt. 365nm is right and $40 is spendy, but what’cha gonna do? I’m in if you go ahead with it.

I found that my 365nm Ledengin led produces a faint white-ish light also. It can be confused with weak fluorescence, so it is a bit annoying.

I hope that this one does not have that.

djozz, I wonder if you are possibly seeing UV that most people can not perceive. A member here (sorry, forgot who) provided a link on the phenomenon. I believe the link was to a CPF thread. Basically, it talked about the ability of some people (especially as they age) to see UV.

I purchased some 365nm emitters from an Aliexpress vendor some time ago. It seems unrealizistic to think they really are centered around 365nm, but I think they might be. They do make objects fluoresce. They don't emit much visible light. What they do emit in the visible range appears white-ish to me. I haven't been able to find a way to verify though. I've heard that the Canadian Polymer bills are supposed to need 365nm to fluoresce, but I couldn't verify that on their website.

EDIT: I don't recall if it was speculation or fact that the ability to see UV had to do with it not being effectively filtered from entering the eye.

EDIT2: I just remembered there was a "definitive" test I saw here.

EDIT3: Searched and could not find the link. I did find my original report on the emitters here. I described the tint as neutral kind of creamy tan tint. Lenses really cut the output.

These have been in my ‘watch’ list for a while now, they are the cheapest I have found, genuin 365nm? who knows :smiley:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151348811909?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
5X 3W 365nm for us$21.50

Cheers David

http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-uv-365nm-led-p-835.html

Hank had announced this one, nice that he has them for sale now. The led looks similar to the 3535led in the Uniquefire 602C-uv (Fasttech, dx, also in Uniquefire S10 host), it will work well to produce a nice beam.

The price is firm though, a bit too much for me to buy it for playing around for now.

Hope Hank will get 385nm as well. 385nm should cost less.

Heck, bought one anyway, with bank account deep in red figures. I just hope that I will not blow it while testing....

I was going to offer to buy a few for you to test but you beat me to the punch. Honest!

Regardless, looking forward to your results. Certainly beats the LED Engin options I've been looking at from a price perspective. Especially keen to see how well these work with Carclo triple optics.

- Matt

Thanks for the intention of buying me some :-)

Concerning the Carclo optic, 365nm light and PMMA don't work well together, for my Ledengin 365nm zoomie I had to buy a glass aspheric lens because the plastic one transmitted only a small portion of the uv.

Ah fair enough. Looks like I'll use a reflector when and if I get my hands on these.

Nichia 780mW 365nm - 37.9 euros
Nichia 370mW 365nm - 14.9 euros

Second link is 405nm not 365nm.

While these are "XP-G size" probably wanted to say 3535, the pads are Nichia 119 style

specs say you can select 365nm/405nm on request

Had not seen them yet though, cool! Pity about the pads..

Technical details clearly say 405nm (for that price.)

I noticed a discrepancy on the Nichia 119 style pads, like some have 0.5mm distance between the pads, some have 0.8mm depending on the LED model can also have other small different details.