UV LED xpg size

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1082600

claims to have “Luxeon K2” UV LED hmmm….

too bad they dont have a pic of the led.

Have your searched on ebay.com?? It has almost everything!!!

subscribed

Same here…
Would like to now which LED they use.

Welcome to BLF!

Not on ebay yet but we should check ebay occasionally. These nice UV leds that are compatible with xpg stars are a size known as “3535” (3.5mm x 3.5mm). Here is an ebay search for “UV 3535” or just “UV smd” excluding other common smd sizes that wouldn’t be what we are looking for.
Ebay search: uv (smd,3535) –0603 –5050 -plcc –1206 –0805 –1210 –3528

10pcs 3W UV/Ultra Violet 3535 High Power LED Bead Emitter400-405NM with 20mm Star Platine Heatsink US $14.25
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Freeshipping-10pcs-3W-UV-Ultra-Violet-3535-High-Power-LED-Bead-Emitter400-405NM-with-20mm-Star/815938_1780235078.html

anyone want to go in on a lot of 10?

They are interesting, I am curious, but I am not into ali express (as yet)

I'm interested. Iirc, a small package shipped between our locales is $2.01. We might be better off getting the vendor to split the order in half.

It’s tempting but it’s still well above 365nm… Or am I being too picky?

If the vendor is willing to send orders individually I’ll be in for four.

Above 365nm is safer, as the shorter-Wavelength UV emissions below that approaches the dangerous UVA & UVB radiation wavelengths. (like those used in the water purifiers and air purifiers.)

What am I missing?

10pcs 3W UV/Ultra Violet 3535 High Power LED Bead Emitter400-405NM with 20mm Star Platine Heatsink
US $14.25

400-405nm

These are on a star, and claimed 3W, but are deep purple. What would you use them for?

Overclocker, among others, I have this
sku 1082600
Black UF-501B, claimed Philips Luxeon K2 UV drop in.

I have good uses for 501Bs, including cheap UV flashlights.
I consider this LED the same as most other ‘generic Taiwan UV’, in that it is mostly purple with slight UV component. My primary UV interest is in finding scorpions, and this does a decent job.

The best I have for this are UV drop ins from Solarforce. Still some visible purple, but I’ll guess 30% more UV:
Solarforce UV

365nm is more harmful/good. You are right about that, it is more revealing of scorpions, inks, and kills viruses and bacteria. I have a Solarforce UV that does a good job and it has less of a purple spot than any of the other UV lights that I have had. I also have a 10 mw 365nm laser that is great for finding or illuminating things but the field of view is too narrow even when diffused. I think the perfect solution would be two emitters in UV, one in the near UV and one in the far UV as some minerals and dies show for one extreme of the UV spectrum and not the other.

A 365nm laser would be extremely expensive. You can get 375nm for a few thousand.

Could I have been suckered by Chinese advertising… Odds are fair. No way of confirming on my end. The beam and dot are hard to see until they hit something that is phosphorescent then it really lights up. It’s able to illuminate things that the Solarforce UV light is unable to illuminate. The point of all that is that two UV LED’s at opposite ends of the UV spectrum would be great. But I have yet to find a 365nm LED so I guess the point is moot.

anyone managed to contact the seller ? (I’ve msg him but he did not reply)

I was going to post a GB interest thread on the LED Engin UV emitters Cutter sells (but only in lots of 10 annoyingly). Yes they are $40 each, but they are high power, high quality, 365nm LEDs and they come pre-soldered to a MCPCB. I have emailed Cutter asking if they can sell them individually, but if not I'll see if anyone is interested. I want some!!!

For who's interested, i did a mod with that led in januari:

The LED I am referring to is this one, which appears to be different to the one used in your mod. That being said I had not seen your mod before so I think I should read it :) I checked MOuser out - the LED you used is now $75!

Cutter do a cheaper 400nm LED Engin emitter (available to buy individually) at $28.

But the 365nm is the one I, and a few other people I'd imagine, are interested in.

- Matt