Vapcell S4+ V3 temperature sensor on channel 4 too high

After selling my VC4SL, I finally got the Vapcell S4+ (V3). It appears to be working (I’m only using it with NiMH), but I noticed that the temperature reading for channel 4 is always about 10 degrees higher than it should be, even when I first start it up cold. The other channels will be say 22 degrees, but channel 4 will read 32 degrees.

Anyone else see this?

I’m slightly disappointed. After finding the VC4SL to be totally incapable with NiMH, it took me a year to finally be convinced by the good reviews to get the S4+, but now I’m finding this issue.

That´s a minor issue for me. But I don´t look often at the temps because I use 500mA for AAA and 1A for AA, this should very rare lead to high temps. And also my other Chargers with temperature monitoring are mostly completely wrong if I compare with an Infrarot-thermometer.

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that you also see channel 4 reporting high temps? Or that it wouldn’t bother you if you did see it.

I have the V2.0, at start charging biggest difference I have in memory is 3°

But I don´t look that often to the temps because I have no overheating problems.

Charging works fine also for Slot 4? If the charger don´t decrease the charge curent because of to high temp reading I would ignore this issue

Most charger don´t have a temp display so it don´t have this problem :wink:

@vapcell_Dennis Is this a known issue with the V3? If the temperature sensor is faulty, is there a chance that the charger will refuse to charge a cell because it thinks the temperature is too high?

All of the sensor reading on my S4+ V3 #1 are consistent, I will check #2 later.

My readings are also all within ±1°C.

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like my channel 4 temp sensor is faulty… The manual says that at temps of 65 degrees, it starts automatically lowering/limiting the charge current. I hope the faulty sensor doesn’t start giving readouts that high.

Hello, this is the first temperature sensor feedback for V3.0 so far

The temperature sensor may have a slight reading difference when measuring temperature,

These functions are all auxiliary functions, and familiar batteries can use standard charging current

If you think this matter will greatly affect your use, it is recommended to replace or repair it

If the charging current of the charger is not aggressive, this function is of average use,

Only by monitoring the high temperature can the current be reduced

1 Thank

Thanks for your reply, @vapcell_Dennis.
The temperature sensor is +10 degrees immediately upon putting a cell in channel 4. My concern is that if there’s a problem with it now (some soldering issue or something loose), then the issue could start to get worse, eventually making channel 4 unusable.

I purchased the charger brand new and expect it to start at 100% functionality. Given that I’m dissatisfied with it and it is brand new, what is the process to have it replaced with a fully functional unit?

My V3 doesn´t have this problem, so it should be a faulty device.

MyS4+ V2 shows temperature higher than actual cell temperature, but they’re all consistent.

How much higher?

My chargers show much less than my Infrarot-thermometer, at least with NiMH near charge end, chargers show rarely 40°, Infrarot mostly over 50°

My V3 shows about 10 degrees higher on channel 4 than any of the other channels. I feel like channels 1-3 are about right, showing 23degrees (room temperature) at startup. All of the channels’ temperature readings move around during use, so none of them are “stuck”, but channel 4 is pretty much always 10 degrees higher than any of the other channels.

Sounds faulty to me. Unfortunately I bought from a company in China and I’m in Canada, so doing a return would cost me almost the price of the product to ship back.

Post 10 I measured using a thermocouple held against the side of the cell.

I stand corrected about the consistency, the temperature difference seemed non-linear.