Very happy with my recent Thrunite Tis purchase

If you check out the Thrunite Store on Amazon, they sometimes have the .04 lumen Firefly Ti available. In general, the 3/60 Ti goes for $15, the Firefly Ti for $16, and the Ti2 3/81 for $18 or more.

Here’s a o.4 lumen Firefly Ti on Amazon: 0.4 lumen Firefly Ti

Here’s one on eBay (but they’re getting scarcer): eBay

Wow, Horst thanks for taking time to do this!
Tis is a scary little light

Thanks for the chart! So Thrunite have made a more efficient driver. I wish they would make new Firefly now with this and the rose pink.

I’d like to compare Ti/TiS drivers. I have a macro lens on the way, If anyone who has a Ti is willing seperate the two pcb boards to take pictures I should be able to do the same for TiS.

Okay, please explain to us uninitiated folks, (or in my case, a moron :slight_smile: ), what does the chart mean and why is the Tis a “scary” little light?

It out throws every other aaa or 10440 light while pulling less amps then many others.

Might you have any pictures of your V6 Max mods?! :bigsmile: I love aaa/10440 mods. I’ve been wanting to try to squeeze a Noctigon into my TiS.

Boy, you’re good Horst and thanks to you and Helios for the explanation! I’m no good with charts.:open_mouth:

Look like this light is a real winner then!

Is this the rose pink colour you’re talking about?
Source.

I looked on the official site and it appears they have some kind of duller pink.

Excellent!
Beautiful result!

Yes, that’s the shade! I don’t have an original Ti Firefly to compare. But I noticed this when they started listing the Ti2 on Ebay, shades seem nicer. I don’t know if it is their photography:
http://www.thrunite.com/en/Productdetail.aspx?BClassID=71&ClassID=123

I’m guessing it has to do with the light angle.
It’s much brighter in the ebay pics for the old Ti.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ThruNite-Ti-Keychain-AAA-Torch-Mini-EDC-CREE-XP-E-LED-Flashlight-Firefly-3-60lm-/230982107898?pt=US_Flashlights&var=530150926732&hash=item35c79b42fa

Hank is planing 10mm…? I really hope he reconsiders.
We can cut them smaller but can’t cut them bigger.

Here is my design attempt. A modified Nitro / PilotPTK design.

Its about 12mm, inner 10mm guide ring.
10mm ring is in the copper layer. Its not shown there but a soldermask would be over it. Most pcb fabs are more exact with the copper and soldermask layer, silkscreen can be off by too much for use as a 10mm guide.
Sinkpad went with silkscreen for their 10mm guide and it was clearly off.

Curved traces just look cooler?
They can be as wide if brought out from the sides of the pads as well.

Shorter traces that you won’t cut into. 12mm / 10mm.

No idea what Illum Supply was thinking with those holes.

Ok, ok. Straight traces. :face_with_monocle:

edit
Doubly straight.

Starting to look like a clock. I’ll name it ‘tock’.

Oh yea, reflector clearance. Overlooked that. :weary:

Reinventing the wheel. PilotPTK designed that BLF board for Nitro with a ton of changes to accommodate everyone months ago. It works. Pure and simple. Doesn’t really matter in the long run, as you can make the size you want from almost any pad.

10mm, from a standard 20mm SinkPAD for my tiny custom Titanium Texas Poker by Photon Fanatic…

Don’t see the pads? That’s right, simply scrape off the dielectric layer and put the pad where you want it, at the edge or anywhere else in that 2-3mm area. :wink: This one holds a Nichia 219 by the way.

LOL. I barely had my TiS a day before I opened its head & pulled the driver.
Those huge holes in the star really helped my desire replace it. Just wish the pill was aluminum.
I have pics of my driver but they aren’t the best. A macro lens should be landing in my mailbox soon.

Did you really pure brute force it? What did you hold the pill with?

I heated mine with a soldering iron against the brass. Didn’t want to heat the inner o-ring too much so I monitored the temp by tapping with my finger on the opposite side of the brass. :smiley: So didn’t even take a ton of heat. Turned fairly easy once warm enough. Cured threadlocker acts as a thermoplastic.

Thats my problem! I don’t have any iron flashlights.
Pumping aluminum doesn’t cut it I guess.

Whoever assembled my light didn’t seem to like those holes in the star either. Filled one with thermal paste. Unfortunately he ran out & had none left for the other hole… or under the star.

Just got my TiS wow they are really good for 60 lumens!