Very happy with my recent Thrunite Tis purchase

Don’t think I’ve heard of the TiS. I own the Ti Firefly, Ti and Ti2. What is different about the TiS?

One mode only, HI

Simple is sometimes better. :wink:

Ahh, got it, thanks. Looks like my collection is missing one :slight_smile:

For whatever reason I never had many problems with the two stage switches. My Firefly had a problem early on, I bent the little tab a certain way, and it’s seen probably 1,000 cycles of the head at least with no problems since. After all this time it’s still my go to camping light for late night trips to the restroom. The rest of them have been fine. The wife loves her blue Ti.

I love my Ti with two modes, I wish they had firefly versions available, but they dont.
Had some problems with my initial batch, 2 or 3 of them had some problems, one was DOA, other stopped working after initial testing.
They replaced them free of charge.
I lost my EDC black Ti, not sure where it is now, dont feel like taking brand new one out the packaging, perhaps I might find it :D!

I saw somewhere that still had the .04 / 60 firefly version. It was either fasstech or wallbuys I think.

Wallbuys have none, FT has the regular, 3/60 version.

I think the true firefly is only available to US customers. The one mode TiS $6.95 deal (shipping) is US only - for European customers there is a €6.95 shipping deal available from thrunite europe, but I’ve lost the email details - sorry.

Edit>> http://www.thrunite-store.eu/thrunite-tis-60-lumens-cree-xp-e-r4-led-flashlight/

Useful thing, sometimes, the bin.

Hi Chloe, I took some pictures outside this afternoon about 2 hours before sunset. See it yourself what red it is. :slight_smile:
All photos taken with white balance “sunlight”.

First, red green blue Tis in sun light with their bigger brother T10

second, in shade

Last, Tis (left) VS T10 (right).

That’s really bright. Even for a small FL, it amazes me.

How many good ones were in your initial batch?
How was thrunite’s customer service? Did they need you to ship back the defective lights with tracking first?

Helios - out of 5 lights, that I bought as their special bundle deal, one was DOA, other one malfunctioned and stayed only on one mode(dont remember if it was high or low, but it had nothing to do with contact at the positive end) and third one was sort of the same.
They sent me, hmm, dont remember, two or three new lights after I sent them video’s demonstrating that those lights really dont work, I didnt have to send anything back. I bought through their E-bay account at that time.

I was really disappointed, it seems that each time Thrunite start some sort of mega-offer-deal, they simply churn out lights without proper QC or worse, simply try to clear their factory seconds.
My order wasnt the only that was not of the highest quality, they had other promotions, where people received low quality lights.

Is this the one you said they don’t have?

:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the 3/60 lumen model.

Hmm well it does say:

Runtime: Firefly mode 175 hours

You won’t get 175 hours on 3 lumens.

If not, the Saber 1A, which used the be the T10 has a nice firefly on it.

You’re right, but under “details” it states 3 lumens.

Yeah, who knows. Might be worth shooting them an email. They also have their own forums.

Thank you for the lovely photos! I can see why some think it’s purple. I want one in blue and red now. Though I’d prefer Ti2 Firefly. I am not sure if they discontinued the Firefly.

Im quite sure that its regular version, since there have been no sub-lumen firefly models made for quite a long while, looks like it wasnt that popular since Thrunite dumped it and came out with 3/60 model.

Mine arrived yesterday, (blue & green). They are very nice and I’m impressed with the build quality.

I have no way of providing beam pictures but running on lithium primaries, (Energizer Ultimate Lithiums), I notice a definite difference in brightness, (to my eyes), than running on Eneloops but the beam using Eneloops is plenty bright enough.

One thing I noticed immediately that hasn’t been mentioned is the knurling. These have the nicest knurling of all my AAA lights. Smooth yet tacky enough to provide good purchase when twisting on and off and feels oh so nice.

To me, these are a real bargain for $7.00 considering the quality build and nice beam. I also thought the $2.07 shipping charge for both lights was very reasonable.

All my Ti lights can take a 10440. And since the Ti is “throwy” to begin with, they make nice little pocket throwers with the 10440.