WALLBUYS SMAL SUN ZY-T08 and ZY-T13 Group buy - CLOSED - GOT the first one today, see the OP for photos.

Yeah count me in for 1-2 of those kits as well, that would be a great deal

The kits are cheap on their own and there’s always the option of having Richard, (RMM), set up the driver for you, so you only have to put it in.

Here's Relic38's mod in case anyone wants to go that route.

Sorry... I had the wrong member name there

Totally interested in this project. Light from Wallbuys and Kit from Richard.

How advanced is the Zener mod? Any links I can read up on it? I’m in for a challenge, but I don’t want to blow $17.

Put me down for three of the Kits.

I have already done three ZY-T08’s with MT-G2’s. Also my Maglite conversion has a ZY-T08 reflector in it also. The ZY-T08 reflector is great for these and no the plastic doesn’t melt. You get a large hotspot with all kinds of flood too. If you de-dome the MT-G2 you get more throw but it’s tricky to de-dome them without taking the yellow stuff off and ending up with a lighter color tint. Still it’s pretty nice even if you do.

You do have to take a file to the reflector to make the bottom large enough to fit the MT-G2. I take the entire flat bottom out of the reflector.

My favorite is one that I used a driver from a Lustefire 3xu2 in. It draws enough amps to pop the protection on two panasonic 3,400’s. I went for a walk with it last night.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22830

1. Converting the ZY-T08 from parallel to series battery configuration by Relic38.

2. Zener mod instructions.

Just ordered the t08
I’m in for 1 of the MT- G2 kit :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you guys going to go over a kit/parts list for a beginner? Even beginner soldering iron and solder recommendations/links for this would be great for those of us still teetering on the edge of jumping into modding.

I was already too excited about this one and bought an MT-G2 before I knew about Richard’s kit :stuck_out_tongue:

I just bought my ZY-T08 instead of the brighter one (ZY-T13), so I hope this mod is a big payoff.

Since this will be my first mod, I too hope that they make it detailed on what we need to order.

I think I will take you up on that offer, so I can get the videos going sooner.

I think I saw MTG2 for about 13-4$ but can’t recall where, it was one of the new shops that joined the forum this week!!!
I know I posted in that thread about that emitter but cant find it now :frowning:
Found it :smiley:
http://www.newestrend.com/cree-mtg2-p0-2step-5000k-led-6v-1-piece-p-1122.html

I wanted to try the warmer version so I ordered this one form Illumination Supply, but I’ll be getting the driver form RMM.

I just noticed the one from IS does not state if the emitter is on a copper, or aluminum board.

It’s not copper. Might be layered with copper underneath, but most likely aluminum.

Well, I think I saw where RMM said he was getting copper stars for the MT-G2, so I’ll order one of those when I get the driver.

can we start ordering MT-G2 kit yet with BLF group price from Richard ? :bigsmile:

I don’t know. PM him and ask.Wink

I did… but he didn’t reply… he’s to busy I guess… but I’m not going to wait I’ll just order it first and when the group buy started… I’ll just order more

edit- he said the group buy is not started yet while he need to sort things out

• twiddling fingers * :stuck_out_tongue:

Just ordered from Wallbuys (ZY-T08.) Any word from Richard?

sdfvsdfvf
Photo of aluminum reflector. I asked for this photo because I was concerned if it would clear a 20mm star. It looks like it will clear and if not, the edge can be shaved off a little, so it's a good thing.
The lights with Aluminum reflectors are arriving at Wallbuys.