WALLBUYS SMAL SUN ZY-T08 and ZY-T13 Group buy - CLOSED - GOT the first one today, see the OP for photos.

And do we need wire (what size), and what else will we need? :slight_smile:

I'm thinking about getting one of these host for my MT-G2 that I have had sitting for 7 months now. I bought it from IS for $20 but it is the 6V 5000K version. I have tested it on my CC-CV DC converter and it is the most perfect color white I have ever seen. I was also able to feed it 13A @ 6.75V (around 80 watts?) and holy mother of lights is that thing BRIGHT!!! I really want to put my MT-G2 into something special (like a fenix or nitecore build quality host), you know? I'm not sure if these small sun hosts are what I would call "special", though.

I have just the light for your spiffy new MT-G2. How about a brand spanking new, un-modded, pristine, YEZL Y3 with all 3 body tubes that can hold 3 x 26650 cells.

I see you have a spare Blackshadow Terminator Clone laying around collecting dust. Wanna swap?

Donā€™t forget to use the BLF Forum discount code: ā€œBLFUSERā€ for 5% off general products at Illumination Supply.

OMG, so many questions while I was away!

@ Daylighter - They are sending me a light and I bought a light, so now I have 2 and if 50 are sold, I get a third one. I should be set to do an MT-G2 mod and an XM-L2 mod too.

@B42 - it depends on how many amps. That will be at the discretion of the person modding. Some may only want 3 amps and some will want to try for 9 amps. I think I will probably stick to around 4.5 amps if that helps at all. Also, whatever MT-G2 you want is what you should get. IS has some, Mountain Electronics should have plenty, since RMM told me he should have 30-40 by now. KD has some too. I like the 5000K.

@ Tom E - I think DrJones did another light similar to the T-08 and that is the first one I did like that. I can't remember which light, but it was a while back. I am thinking 4-5 amps myself.

@ kavawava - I picked ems - the free ems.

@ Streamer, plastic should be OK. Most all of the heat goes out the bottom through the star, not out the top like an incan.

@B42 again, LOL - Wire size depends on how many amps, but 18 to 20 ga should suffice. I cannot say more about wires until I actually get a light, so it will be a couple weeks till I get to tear one down.

RMM ( Mountain Electronics) is offering the 5000K MT-G2 on Noctigon with the components for a Zener mod, for $18.75 + shipping, if we do a group buy of 25 or more.

"$18.75 + shipping for the MT-G2 and zener mod DIY kit. " Sounds like a good deal to me.

whaddyathink?

very good dealā€¦ if it at that priceā€¦ Iā€™ll take at least 2! :smiley: Iā€™m pretty sure we can hit over 25+ with that price

RMM said he has 30 on the way and he can usually get more in a week's time, so with the lead time from Wallbuys, it all should work ok.

Hopefully there will be a components only option too? 3000K is much nicer to me :wink:

That's a great deal. I paid more than that for just bare emitters. Let alone Noctigon and the driver mod components.

I'd jump on it if I didn't already have 8 MT-G2's and Noctigons looking for homes.

I might be in for the kit, but i need permission from the accountant. It will be a though negotiation. I wish to sleep in my bed tonight, but I know it will be in the sofaā€¦.

I'd take two of those MT-G2 kits at that price, at least. I have 2-3 lights I'd love to mod with MT-G2's.

Yeah count me in for 1-2 of those kits as well, that would be a great deal

The kits are cheap on their own and thereā€™s always the option of having Richard, (RMM), set up the driver for you, so you only have to put it in.

Here's Relic38's mod in case anyone wants to go that route.

Sorry... I had the wrong member name there

Totally interested in this project. Light from Wallbuys and Kit from Richard.

How advanced is the Zener mod? Any links I can read up on it? Iā€™m in for a challenge, but I donā€™t want to blow $17.

Put me down for three of the Kits.

I have already done three ZY-T08ā€™s with MT-G2ā€™s. Also my Maglite conversion has a ZY-T08 reflector in it also. The ZY-T08 reflector is great for these and no the plastic doesnā€™t melt. You get a large hotspot with all kinds of flood too. If you de-dome the MT-G2 you get more throw but itā€™s tricky to de-dome them without taking the yellow stuff off and ending up with a lighter color tint. Still itā€™s pretty nice even if you do.

You do have to take a file to the reflector to make the bottom large enough to fit the MT-G2. I take the entire flat bottom out of the reflector.

My favorite is one that I used a driver from a Lustefire 3xu2 in. It draws enough amps to pop the protection on two panasonic 3,400ā€™s. I went for a walk with it last night.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/22830

1. Converting the ZY-T08 from parallel to series battery configuration by Relic38.

2. Zener mod instructions.

Just ordered the t08
Iā€™m in for 1 of the MT- G2 kit :stuck_out_tongue: