WALLBUYS SMAL SUN ZY-T08 and ZY-T13 Group buy - CLOSED - GOT the first one today, see the OP for photos.

Are you guys going to go over a kit/parts list for a beginner? Even beginner soldering iron and solder recommendations/links for this would be great for those of us still teetering on the edge of jumping into modding.

I was already too excited about this one and bought an MT-G2 before I knew about Richard’s kit :stuck_out_tongue:

I just bought my ZY-T08 instead of the brighter one (ZY-T13), so I hope this mod is a big payoff.

Since this will be my first mod, I too hope that they make it detailed on what we need to order.

I think I will take you up on that offer, so I can get the videos going sooner.

I think I saw MTG2 for about 13-4$ but can’t recall where, it was one of the new shops that joined the forum this week!!!
I know I posted in that thread about that emitter but cant find it now :frowning:
Found it :smiley:
http://www.newestrend.com/cree-mtg2-p0-2step-5000k-led-6v-1-piece-p-1122.html

I wanted to try the warmer version so I ordered this one form Illumination Supply, but I’ll be getting the driver form RMM.

I just noticed the one from IS does not state if the emitter is on a copper, or aluminum board.

It’s not copper. Might be layered with copper underneath, but most likely aluminum.

Well, I think I saw where RMM said he was getting copper stars for the MT-G2, so I’ll order one of those when I get the driver.

can we start ordering MT-G2 kit yet with BLF group price from Richard ? :bigsmile:

I don’t know. PM him and ask.Wink

I did… but he didn’t reply… he’s to busy I guess… but I’m not going to wait I’ll just order it first and when the group buy started… I’ll just order more

edit- he said the group buy is not started yet while he need to sort things out

• twiddling fingers * :stuck_out_tongue:

Just ordered from Wallbuys (ZY-T08.) Any word from Richard?

sdfvsdfvf
Photo of aluminum reflector. I asked for this photo because I was concerned if it would clear a 20mm star. It looks like it will clear and if not, the edge can be shaved off a little, so it's a good thing.
The lights with Aluminum reflectors are arriving at Wallbuys.

Reflector looks identical to an HD2010? Same issues as a HD2010, but more side room in a T08 because it comes with a 25mm star stock, while the HD2010 has about 19mm width of room for the star.

Really, really wish we could get 25mm copper stars...

Not yet, I'm still working out a few details. There will also be some battery packages as well, I will post details when I get them sorted out.

We look forward to it. Not only do you offer the led and the “zener kit”, but for those of us who do not want to mod much, you also offer a variety of 7135 based and FET based options for the MT-G2 complete with custom programming. I think that should be attractive for members who just want to pop in the driver and led and go.

Only 22 hours left on the WB sale.

Well, at least that's what it shows on the website.

No guarantees but I am trying to see whether or not it would be feasible to have some produced. It would save me a ton of time and risk to have a 25mm star. I have to carefully grind down every ZY-T08 reflector to get the focus right, even with super flat solder joints, this wouldn't be necessary with a 25mm star. I do it so often that I invested in a belt sander / disc sander combination basically just to sand reflectors! Before this I used to do it by hand with a dremel, but that took even longer.

8 hours left.

Group Buy is closed. When I get the light and led, I will start on the video tear down and build. I will do that in another thread.

And open again for 15 hours. Maybe a good chance for the $100 cashback wallbuy promo, if you haven't bought something.