want an 18650 freebie? hf free light mod

i punch out the guts through the front,replace leds with the high cri i mentioned here
and fold 3 of the - leads over the edge.sand any paint from the id of the tubes front 1/2” or so.
for the center led i scrape the - trace out to the outer ring.then fold the lead flat against it and solder.
the stub hanging over the edge gets folded as a contact to the tube id. optional but helps make this a better flooder is to spraypaint the “reflector” white.smooths it out a bit.
to reinstall the spring i build up a solder blob and hold the spring level but away from the center led - while soldering.
a blob of medium ca set with zipkicker makes sure it wont short.jbweld works too.then carefully push the board/relector assy in about 1/4”.check that your laptop pulled flat top cell fits with the tail fully screwed in.
a bead of jbweld at the joint between the board edge and tube id secures it and passes a bit of heat to the tube.
the normal spacer of choice finishes it up.
a very good performing light that is disposable.and nobody will be tempted to steal it!

Could you post some pics.
I am a bit lost here, sorry.