Want to Borrow: 25/32 drill bit

I'm the one who derailed this thread. Sorry about that....lol

who would loan you dental floss and expect what you use back?

As long as he leaves the steak he flosses out, I’ll take it.

Let me also please apologize for using your discussion to explain and explore my feelings and attitudes. This turned out to be a general discussion about tools, lending tools, general character, family, my unfamiliarity about how people feel about tools …….

As its been said earlier, this discussion had nothing to do with you past the first post. We all kind of took and exit off the main road and kept going. It happens sometimes here on BLF. Most of the times its harmless.

I sincerely hope that we haven’t offended or aggravated you in any way.

Hope to see you participating here and showing off your latest mod. :beer:

You’re good. I got my panties wadded up over something dumb. I may be new here, but I’m no stranger to forums and threads getting derailed.

I’ll probably get to the mini mag this weekend. Has anyone tried running one on 14500’s? I’ve got an extra solarforce xml2 u2 sitting around begging to illuminate the night.

and what would you do with used dental floss?

Yes. That is a lot of fun to run an efest direct drive in a minimag. Lotta heat though.

You can plop in a 105c driver and run it more conservatively.

I actually EDC some dental floss wrapped around a business card .

I suppose it could be used to stitch up a wound , Rambo style , or McGyvered into some sort of weapon, but I simply can not stand to have food stuck in my teeth . I get full on , b4t sh!t crazy . Before I carried floss , I would worry that loathsome particle with my tongue until my tongue was ulcerated .

Man , oh man , gettin' that food outta there , whew , that's so much better .

Down here in central Florida we have sweet corn festivals . I always thought I could make a lot of money selling dental floss by the foot at one of these events . Set me up a kiosk , charge 'em $5.00 a foot . They'd pay , yes they would . And I would just sit there watching that money roll in .

Duh, floss with it. I smell a new pass around. Who wants to start it? Has to be waxed and flavored, preferably mint, I hate cinnamon.

I’d set up a booth across from you selling toothpicks $4 each or 2 for $6. I’m contemplating getting a titanium toothpick to carry.

They would buy my floss to get the toothpick splinters out of their teeth .

Win !

Each purchase of two toothpicks gets a free shot of mouthwash to leave their mouths minty fresh, and a little tipsy if they decide to swallow

Wow, this thread really took a left turn. I'll try to steer it back on track..

How A Shoe Can Change A Picture...

That’s the only way I use them now. Bore the head, chop the body, and run either a single or triple @ 2-2.4A through a Qlite. I do other things to them too but that’s mostly a cosmetic signature.

That was a 14500 mod but I prefer the 14650 for size/runtime.

for a moment there…LOL

A shoe? I thought it was a sock…

Didnt someone put an MT-G2 in a mini mag? Not sure if its the same thing as yours, but interesting what you can shoe horn in there. (shoe horn, lol, oh that was unexpected)

Edit: Match's Mods: The 4M (must see!)

Taking over threads is a BLF hobby. Welcome.

:smiley:

I find threads that go off topic are some of the best on BLF. I don’t just mean OT jokes,lots of great discussions & information is found in derailed threads.

Personally I would be reluctant to loan a drill bit (which is a consumable item, after all - using them wears them out) to someone too cheap to buy their own for a measly $14.

My better half swears by these:
http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Dental-Individually-Wrapped-Single/dp/B00BGE85EW

Refusing to loan stuff is also a good way to preserve good relationships, at least sometimes. If you don’t loan stuff out, it can’t go missing, come back broken, or have any of the other problems described earlier in the thread.