WANTED: New Tactical Flashlight

Tonight I held my Romisen RC-T601 II U2 in my hands and somehow it felt like an dinosaur compared to my TN31 and others.

So I need a new tactical flashlight for police duty.

Thats what I want:

Size: about the same of the Romisen or smaller
Costs: arround 50$
Modes: 2 or 3 modes, hidden strobe
Battery: 18650
Clicky: tailclicky (additional sideclicky would be cool but not essential)

Flashlights I am interested in so far:

- Crelant V6CS

• Ultrafire T80

- Convoy M1 (?)

Regards Toppel

Suggest Crelant V9U.

or 7G6CS (additional side switch)

there's price reduction on madecov (md-lightsource) so will meet your budget :)

Okay, I knew I forgot something:
I’m from Germany. md-lightsource does not ship here =(

But thank you for your recommendation.

Toppel

Edit:
It should be between throwy and floody but more floody than throwy :smiley:

Okay, found it on intl-outdoor
http://intl-outdoor.com/crelant-7g6cs-xml-u3-side-tactical-switch-ramping-flashlight-p-640.html?zenid=4dc027668b2937d198494d3db33584fd

Would you recommend NW or CW?

Any other suggestions? Soem totally different options?

well if you prefer more brightness, CW is giving more.

personally I'd pick CW for throwy needs as well as daily use in city.

But for short range search light especially in woods or similar, NW is preferable, it gives better color rendering to see object better.

Hi,

I’m not sure what you mean when you say “tactical” (crenelated bezel, etc.?), but you might consider some Niteye lights. Illumination still has some on very good prices:

https://illuminationsupply.com/niteye-clearance-c-47/

TS20 has a side button.

TF40 has control ring.

TR20 has USB charging.

Jim

The Nighteye TS20 looks sweet, but they dont seem to ship outside the USA…

I'm sure they ship to a lot of places. You may want to contact CalvinIS to find out :)

Yeah, Calvin or Craig (csshih) are on here once in awhile, and you can PM them, or, better yet, post in their thread because others non-US might be interested!

This is a Luminus SST-50, but it has a massive heat sink, brass hybrid, and it is hard driven over 4 amps. It would make a great host for a mod, but the threads especially on the pill, are surgical.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000516/1052602-trustfire-st-50-sst-50-5-mode-1300-lumen-memory-le

Also, this, I own one, and love it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TrustFire-1800-Lumens-SST-80-T8-LED-Flashlight-Torch-/261009881737?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cc566ba89

Thank you for your answer, but those lights are way to big to carry it arround in my belt-holster. Aside from that I think that my TN31 (carried in my bag) would beat it.

You could get a bigger belt.

SORRY, JUST KIDDING :)!!

Did you try contacting Craig or Chris from Illumination Supply yet? Just curious… Those Niteyes are a pretty good deal. I have a couple of them from IS.

Later,
Jim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitecore-EA8W-CREE-XM-L-U2-LED-900LM-AA-Neutral-White-Flashlight-Torch-Holster-/261202246982?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cd0ddfd46

Haha then I would walk lopsidedly :smiley:

I sent a PM to CalvinIS.

Still dont know if the Niteye or the Crelant is the way to go.

With tactical I mean, that I should be able to handle the light while holding my weapon or so.

Toppel

Way to big. Twice the costs. And pure thrower.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

They’re both pretty good and solid, so I followed the BLF “mantra” and got both :). I have a couple of the Niteyes from IS, and the Crelant 7G6CS from md-lightsource.

BTW, I noticed that mark at md-lightsource has some kind of discount for LEOs (I gather you’re LEO, but from Germany?). Maybe ask him if that includes non-U.S. LEO?

Between the Niteye and the Crelant, it’s a tough choice. Like I said, they’ve both pretty solid lights (all of them, I think), but the two Niteyes that I got from IS are smaller than the 7G6CS from md-lightsource.

The two Niteyes have control rings, and the 7G6CS has variable brightness via a side button.

md-lightsource also has the 7G2CS, which is “658 Lumen Tactical flashlight”, which also has the side button and variable brightness.

I think if the size is ok, any of those would be good.

Later,
Jim

Thank you for your answer!

I had to google LEO and now I know what you mean :wink: Yes I am LEO from Germany!
I will mail him.

If you would have to decide between the Crelant 7G6CS and the Niteye TS20. Which one would you choose?
What about the output?

The crelant side-button with infinitely variable brightness is pretty tempting.

On the other hand the Niteye is a bit smaller.

Sorry, I thought that “LEO” was a common acronym :)… “law enforcement officer”.

As I said, it’d be a tough choice, but I think that if I was worried about size/weight, I’d probably go for the Niteye.

If I was choosing the more powerful, regardless of size/weight between these lights, I would probably go with the Crelant I have.

Here’s a pic side-by-side of my Niteye TF20 and TF25 vs. Crelant:

and, in the holsters:

[Sorry, I don’t have the TSxx or TRxx]

Other than size/weight considerations, I find the control ring with the Niteyes easier than the ramping via button for the Crelant, plus it’s faster to just twist the ring, as opposed to holding the button on the Crelant and waiting for the right level.

[Note I’ve seen some posts that the control rings on the Niteyes are only 3 mode/levels. I have NOT found that to be the case with the Niteye lights that I have. The control ring is not precisely linear, but it’s also not just 3 modes either. Also, sidenote: I got into the Niteye and Crelant because I was curious about variable brightness controls, but the funny part is when I do use any of them, it’s generally on high mode most of the time :).]

Like I said, tough decision!

Jim

P.S. I’m too new to be very sensitive to tint, but I’m kind of use to the CW, and when I do get or see a NW light now, I generally don’t like it. I know that that’s not generally the case, but that’s what I feel. Also, I think the CW will be higher lumens, in general.

speaking of magnetic control ring, my fellow enthusiast modifier advises me to not getting niteye if want to try infinite brightness setting. he simply said there’re bugs/flaws by design. i’m not sure which one he referred to as i also don’t have any niteye light so can’t justify… maybe you can dig as lot as possible information from user review if you tend to niteye just to get complete picture.
:slight_smile:

oohh just come in mind.
have you take a look at armytek predator xpg or viking xml?
they are great light especially the predator. it is pricey but since the release of the pro version, the old one got a big price reduction.