WANTED: New Tactical Flashlight

speaking of magnetic control ring, my fellow enthusiast modifier advises me to not getting niteye if want to try infinite brightness setting. he simply said there’re bugs/flaws by design. i’m not sure which one he referred to as i also don’t have any niteye light so can’t justify… maybe you can dig as lot as possible information from user review if you tend to niteye just to get complete picture.
:slight_smile:

oohh just come in mind.
have you take a look at armytek predator xpg or viking xml?
they are great light especially the predator. it is pricey but since the release of the pro version, the old one got a big price reduction.

Hi,

I still don’t get it, why, when I occasionally mention Niteye, that someone always has something negative to say about their lights?

Same thing happened previously, when I first mentioned Niteye (I think maybe my 1st post here on BLF), someone came out with the “statement” that their control ring lights only have 3 levels, without any substantiation.

I don’t work for Niteye, am just a purchaser of two of their lights from IS, but from the pics I posted, I have these lights, and I know that I see more than 3 levels with them.

So, I guess that I’ll ask: What “bugs/flaws by design” are you referring to?

I would really like to know/understand what it is about Niteye that seems to evoke this? Are they “blackballed” here on BLF for some reason? Is there some “history” with them and BLF?

Jim

Crelants are nice. I’ve been wanting a 7g6cs.

Check out:
Lumintop td15x
Thrunite tn11 & Scorpion
Xtar tz20 & tz58
Klarus xt10 & xt11
Eagletac g25c2 verynice but $$$
Solarforce L2m & L2I

www.sbflashlights.com is a good site along with md-lightsource. I think both have leo discounts.

md-lightsource has some good prices on Crelant light right now. I am very tempted to pick up or or two.
Convoy M1 is good for the price, but the strobe is too hidden, unless you keep it on that mode group.
Crelant V11A (AA/14500) is on my shortlist, as well as the slightly larger 7G3CS (18650).
Good luck with the search.

Actually I can’t answer other than what I have posted. I’m gonna ask him again later on, however, I have a little bit cautious feeling when receive this kind of statement especially from a person who understand the inner of the light.
that’s why I just mention about it but I also advise to dig more from user review which will justify the statement whether it is true in general, or true for the past, or true for certain type or batch…
:slight_smile:

Hi,

There’s a review of the TF-25 here:

That review, among other things, is what lead me to buy the TF-20 and TF-25 later.

Jim

You might want to look at the (slightly over budget) Niwalker NWK550N3. I think it’s a brilliant light. Really well mad, with three modes, and a side tailcap button to access strobe if required. Feels just great in the hand.

Available from Fasttech @ $64, less BLF coupon.

Reviewed by turboBB here. My own impressions here .

Wow, thank you for all the answers.

The Niwalker looks pretty good. I like the strobe-button and its place.

The Niteyes seem to be really cool too. Problem is, that shipping to Germany is about $17.

Have to decide between:
Crelant 7G6CS [~$42]
Niwalker 550N3 (only few ratings and reviews) [~$64]
Niteye TS20 (high shipping makes it more expensive) [~$64]

Any other suggestions?

I forgot to mention the Niwalker “”torture tests”“:Updated - New Tests - Niwalker NWK550 Real World Torture Tests | Candle Power Flashlight Forum made by run4jc on the other side. For some peculiar reason that’s what drew me to the Niwalker lights in the first place (peculiar because I take care of my lights).

Still, worth a read to see what he put the poor light through - and it came out working. Three year guarantee as well.

I think I prefer the dual button arrangement of the XT11

Batteryjunction is having a 24hr flash sale on it HERE

Free shipping from Goinggear is only to the US - probably $16 more to ship to Germany. Both the XT11 and ST11 have a step down after a few minutes - for the XT11 from 550 lumens to 370 after 3 lumens, according to Selfbuilt . The ST11 has a similar drop to 70% after 3 minutes.

hmmm well that kind of sucks. good to know.

I watch this video, and Olight M20 warrior suits your LEO duty very well..

A couple of nice ones in your price range or below are the Olight I-6 and Shinning Beam Blaze.

Allright we’re coming closer.
(At least I slowly get to know, what I want.)

This is what my lights should have/be:

- BRIGHT! (750 lumens +)

- max. lenght of 16cm

- tailswitchclicky

- the following modes: HIGH + LOW + Strobe (activated by holding the tailswitch pressed)

- uses 18650 batterys

• max. $70

Armytek Predator/Viking on a discount + use cpf8 for even more discount. Should be around $60 or less.

But shipping from Armytek will be $30.

Thats the problem.

And is it right, that only the Armytek “Pro” Versions have strobe?

The Viking Pro is pretty tempting, but I have to buy 2 of them to have no shipping costs.

I think you are right, the Viking and Predator (non-Pro versions) do not seem to have strobe, beacon or SOS. Spec here .